Manager, Human Resources, Seattle, WA
Manager, Human Resources
Professional (non clinical) | Fulltime - Regular | Seattle, WA, US | 40 hours per week
Job Number: 193025
Department: HR Administration
Hours: 8am to 5pm (variable)
Virginia Mason Medical Center is expanding its Human Resources team and has an exciting opportunity for an HR Manager. In this newly created role the HR Manager will lead a cross-functional team of HR professionals to facilitate effective recruitment, development, engagement, and retention of leaders and team members who deliver business results and remarkable experiences daily. The HR Manager will oversee the delivery of HR policies, procedures, services, and solutions to an assigned group of organizational clients in support of the achievement of the HR strategy, business priorities and key foundational programs.
Located in Seattle, WA, Virginia Mason is an internationally recognized leader in the continuous improvement of health care. With an extensive list of awards and distinctions that includes our recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason offers you the opportunity to partner with exceptionally talented peers at every level.
You will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine and benefit from the changes enacted through our Virginia Mason Production System, a model that has transformed health care by providing patients with easier access to care, reducing errors, and continuously innovating patient safety and quality that has been adopted by other organizations here and abroad. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters -our patients.
- A Bachelor's degree is required; a Master's degree is preferred.
Also required are:
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Thorough knowledge of HR policies, procedures, principles and practices. Personnel and salary administration, recruitment techniques and management.
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact, discretion, and diplomacy, and to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills; ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Exhibit a proactive, service-oriented manner and ability to deal effectively with a diverse and demanding client base.
- Ability to research and synthesize information and communicate it effectively to various audiences in verbal and written form.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, manage priorities, multi-task, problem solve and exercise good judgment in a dynamic and deadline-driven environment.
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail in work products.
- Professional level competency with general MS Office applications, e.g, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and ability to learn new software applications as necessary to do the job
Preferred qualifications include:
- Healthcare Human Resources experience
- Leading a cross-function team in a matrixed environment
- PHR, SPHR, or other healthcare HR certification
- Should be comfortable as an HR generalist
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for health care and excel in an environment that is constantly changing.
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients and our community, we are equally dedicated to your professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that includes comprehensive compensation and benefits, continuing education and support, and the opportunity to live in one of the most livable cities in the country, you will find that an opportunity with Team Medicine is one worth taking.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.