Care Coordination Supervisor Non-Clinical, Redding, CA
Care Coordination Supervisor Non-Clinical
Job Locations US-CA-Redding
Job ID 2019-1680
FLSA Status Exempt
To provide daily oversight, leadership, support, training and direction of nonclinical staff. Supports and assists the Team Manager and other Case Management Supervisors in developing and maintaining a cohesive team with a high level of productivity and accuracy to achieve the department's overall performance metrics.
- Provides daily leadership, direction, resources, training, evaluation and support to department staff in coordinating care and resource utilization.
- Serves as a role model and resource to colleagues, staff, members and others.
- Assists department leadership in identifying, monitoring, and evaluating department operations to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness. Makes recommendations for process improvements when necessary.
- Performs Human Resource functions such as time card management, directing work activities, implementing workplace changes, conducting annual reviews, and conducting staff trainings.
- Collaborates and works with Team Manager(s) and other departmental leadership to keep apprised of operational issues, staff and service levels, resources, program and/or department needs.
- Ensures consistent application and implementation of departmental, organizational, and state/federal policies and procedures.
- Conducts regular reviews through internal audits designed to measure individual and departmental staff work performance against established standards.
- Assists in survey readiness activities to ensure the department is compliant with all applicable regulations, licensure requirements, accreditation standards (i.e. NCQA) and new legislation.
- Conducts on-going review and audits of team work to ensure program goals, quality standards, and department metrics are being met.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with PHC partners and providers via open and timely communication.
- Participates in committees, task forces, work groups and/or multidisciplinary teams.
- Partners with Care Coordination leadership to develop and maintain training manuals, agendas, materials, and evaluation criteria based upon department and PHC policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, Healthcare Administration, or a related field, or 3-5 years of managed care experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. General knowledge of managed care with emphasis in case management preferred.
Special Skills, Licenses and Certifications
Demonstrated leadership skills/experience. Ability to work within an interdisciplinary structure and function independently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities and deadlines. Strong organizational skills required. Computer literacy and proficiency. Familiarity with managed care and/or utilization management preferred. Valid California driver’s license and proof of current automobile insurance compliant with PHC policy are required to operate a vehicle and travel for company business.
Performance Based Competencies
Excellent written/verbal communication skills in English.
Demonstrated experience and ability to build effective working relationships and to represent the department effectively in order to accomplish goals. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload.
Work Environment And Physical Demands
Daily use of multi-line telephone and computer for most of the day. Cubicle work station. Ability to use a computer keyboard. Must be able to lift, move, or carry objects of varying size, weighing up to 10lbs.
All HealthPlan employees are expected to:
- Provide the highest possible level of service to clients;
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort among employees;
- Maintain safe practices; and
- Abide by the HealthPlan’s policies and procedures, as they may from time to time be updated.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive or definitive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or work environment change.