Your passion makes the difference!
The Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical professionals, health educators, advocacy, and corporate positions all working together to provide the community with high quality health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or ability to pay. We are looking for passionate individuals who want to help us change lives and empower communities through reproductive freedom, gender equality, and health care access.
Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties has a regular, full-time opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist. This position is located in Orange County.
We are proud to offer:
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and eligible dependents, life insurance, and long term disability
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
- Generous 401(k) matching contributions up to 8%!
For more information about our comprehensive benefit package and to learn more about PPOSBC visit: www.pposbccareers.org
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions: Essential functions encompass the required tasks, duties and responsibilities performed as part of the job and the reason the job exists.
- Acts as an employee relations specialist. Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Tracks employment metrics (internal mobility, career progression etc.)
- Works closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Recognizes an emergency situation, takes timely and appropriate action.
- Facilitates or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for the organization; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Partners with HR Leadership, employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs and suggestion email box. Provides data to managers regarding recognition usage.
- Coordinates the annual employee engagement survey; from distribution of survey to the compilation of data and presentation to managers and coordinates the action items that arise from the feedback.
- Creates job descriptions, analyzes exemption status, assigns appropriate job grades and markets new jobs in compensation system. Conducts the periodic review of job wages to market rates.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner.
- Completes the quarterly turnover reports for executive management. Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Provides project management support for the development, implementation and completion of HR initiatives.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
Licensure and/or Certification Requirements: PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
Minimum Education: Bachelor degree with a concentration in Human Resources or Business related field or equivalent work experience required.
Minimum Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources generalist experience required. Current or former experience within the healthcare industry strongly preferred.
Supervisory Experience: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as coach and mentor for other positions in the department and will advise and coach managers within the organization.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://careers-plannedparenthood.icims.com/jobs/1723/human-resources-generalist/job?mode=view