Registered Nurse - Charge
Great Pay! $5,000 Sign on Bonus with $27.00/hr salary. This opportunity requires assignment in Mattawa, WA with a one year committment.
Join CBHA today!
This position is responsible for ensuring smooth patient flow while preparing patients for treatment, testing, and examination by a Provider; assists with connecting patients to ancillary services, maintaining work area and exam rooms, stocking supplies and medications, and other duties as assigned.
At Columbia Basin Health Association (CBHA) we never have to wonder whether the work we do is worthwhile. Each day we see victories and successes, big and small, in the lives of people who count on us.
Partner with Columbia Basin Health Association (CBHA) for a rewarding career. Your dream to promote health and wellness, work with passionate people, and feel accomplished for doing important work while earning a reasonable paycheck is possible with us. Be a part of a healthcare movement as you grow your career. The size and culture of the organization provides an opportunity to work closely with leadership, lead initiatives, and see the results of your hard work. You ability to make an impact is limited only by your passion and creativity.
- Assesses unscheduled patients by level of urgency. Prioritizes patient care and flow through the clinic. Facilitates emergent patients to appropriate care via intervention by provider and/or ambulance transport.
- Responsible for assessing patient’s knowledge base and learning style and providing patient education as needed or requested by
Responsible for preparing the day’s flow of patients through the clinic when needed in provider practice.
- Responsible for patient flow during the work day, ensuring that Provider and patient needs are met
- Responsible for instrumentation, supplies, ordering, and other quality assignments.
- Communicates with patients, as directed by Provider.
- Responsible for managing charge nurse and at times provider computer desktop flow on a daily basis.
- Administers and demonstrates knowledge of medications administered up to scope of licensure under WAC 246-826-100 – “Demonstrates knowledge of medications prior to administration, including but not limited to: correct dosage, route, anatomic site, expected reaction, possible adverse reactions, and appropriate interventions.”
- Responsible for assisting with patient education or referring to appropriate education staff.
- Ensures the patient is sent home with language specific instructions after review and understanding verified through return demonstration or return verbalization questions.
- Promotes a positive work culture and upholds clinic policies and procedures, including the WE CARE Standards of Behavior.
- Must uphold confidentiality at all times in regards to CBHA activities, reports, financials, patient health information and other proprietary information specific to CBHA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Professional and Technical Knowledge:
- Possesses a basic level of written and verbal communication skills, computer skills, and mathematical skills typically acquired through completion of a high school program.
- Possesses familiarity with the processes and operations performed during the work day, facilitating patient flow, while accurately maintaining appropriate health information in the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Ability to demonstrate basic medical terminology/anatomy.
License and Certification:
- Ability to possess a current Registered Nurse license with the State of Washington
- Ability to possess a current BLS for Healthcare Providers card.
- Possesses the ability to successfully form, foster, and improve relationships with members of a culture different from one's own.
- Possesses ability to present oneself professionally.
- Possesses ability to meet with a variety of people, both formally and informally, and to communicate well with professionals and patients.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferred.