Lower Umpqua Hospital District is seeking a full-time Director of Clinic Operations. Our two clinics are well-established and filled with Providers and Staff that are well-skilled, compassionate and believe patient care is a top priority. We are looking for the right candidate that will fit our high standards for leadership and the ability to maintain a culture that we pride ourselves on District-wide. Our District is located within a beautiful coastal setting in Oregon where you are just 7 minutes from dipping your toes in the Pacific Ocean, and outdoor adventure awaits around every corner. Our area offers beautiful sunsets, mild coastal weather, a great place to raise a family or spend time doing things that you love.
The Director of Clinic Operations provides leadership and strategic planning for the District’s two outpatient clinics. (Dunes Family Health Care, Reedsport Medical Clinic/Walk-In Clinic). The Director is expected to be an effective leader that will enhance the quality care provided by the Providers and Staff at each clinic location.
The Director of Clinic Operations is responsible for:
- Planning, organizing and directing the essential administrative processes in both clinics.
- Coordinating and directing patient care according to regulations and accepted accreditation standards.
- Working with the Medical Staff to coordinate the functions of patient care services.
- Meeting all clinical and financial performance goals on an ongoing basis.
- Using their knowledge of medical billing to improve and streamline front office data entry to decrease claim denials.
- Ensuring that the clinics are in compliance with CMS rules and regulations as they apply to meeting the standards of Rural Health Clinics.
- Establishing and maintaining best practices to support compliance at all clinics.
- Promoting and maintaining a therapeutic environment.
- Preparing staffing schedules, including coordination of vacations and holidays, reviews time and attendance sheets.
- Analyzing and evaluating the performance of clinic staff and counsels as appropriate.
- Assisting in formulating the budget for both clinics.
- Promoting positive and effective working relationships among the health care team.
- Developing goals and performance standards for the clinics and communicating this to staff.
- Overseeing OSHA compliance for both clinics.
- Promoting cost-effectiveness and implements procedures to control waste.
- Identifying and evaluating need for items relative to trends and physician requests.
- Reviewing inventory for availability of supplies and equipment necessary for patient needs.
Education and License:
Master’s Degree Preferred (May substitute relevant experience).
Previous Rural Health Clinic Management Experience Preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of regulations pertaining to Rural Health Clinics.
- Strong organizational skills, motivated, self-directed, able to work independently, prioritize and juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve results.
- Ability to develop and maintain policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to Lower Umpqua Hospital District’s mission, vision and values.
Must clear criminal background check, and pre-hire drug screen. Competitive salary and excellent benefit package which includes:
- Health/Dental/Vision – Excellent Package with a low-deductible/low maximum out of pocket
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance (ability to buy up and purchase for dependents)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous PTO Accrual
- Employee Gym
- Long-Term Disability
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year