Cascade Medical (CM), a critical access hospital and rural health clinic located in beautiful downtown Leavenworth in the Cascade Foothills of Central Washington, is looking for a full-time Director of Accounting to manage our Accounting Department.
Consider joining our team of caring and committed professionals. At CM, there are no corporate silos. Our entire team is accessible at all levels and cultivates a welcoming, dependable work environment. Be a part of an organization that focuses on clinical excellence while enjoying the best of life in a small town that is also a premier Washington travel destination (located ~115 miles from Seattle).
With a competitive salary and generous benefits, CM allows you the combination of a work environment you can be proud of and a quality of life you deserve.
This position is responsible for the management of the Accounting Department, which includes financial reporting, budgeting, accounts payable, payroll, central supply, and materials management. This position performs general accounting duties, prepares monthly financial statements, assists in the preparation of Board packets, enters financial data into the General Ledger, and analyzes and maintains General Ledger accounts. This position also prepares audit schedules, assists auditors in the preparation and compilation of cost reports, acts as the liaison for state financial audits, leads Quality Improvement projects within the Accounting Department, and provides support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This position works closely with the Human Resources Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees Payroll, Accounts Payable, Materials Management, and Central Supply.
- Plans, develops, and writes department policies and procedures.
- Works with CFO to prepare monthly Financial Statements and Board Packets, reports monthly financial data to WSHA, and distributes monthly departmental budget reports.
- Researches and compiles data for and supports the CFO in the development of the hospital budget.
- Compiles and documents year-end audit and cost report data.
- Perform account reconciliations, journal entries, and reclassifications of balance sheet and expense accounts.
- Maintains cash account balances in accordance with County Treasurer reports.
- Updates and monitors depreciation schedules.
- Prepares and submits monthly B&O tax, along with quarterly unemployment tax, 941, and Paid Family Leave filings.
- Monitors cash balances and may recommend cash transfers.
- Coordinates monthly payment posting with the Business Office to ensure proper flow of data to General Ledger.
- Manage, coordinates, and reports on QI progress toward Strategic Goals for the Accounting Department. Participates in facility QI activities.
- Monitors payroll processing to ensure compliance with employment contracts, personnel guidelines, CM policies, and other employment agreements, and completes annual W-2 filing.
- Researches, corrects, and resolves all problems with the General Ledger. Streamlines and improves processes when appropriate.
- Works closely with the HR Department to collaborate on policy interpretation, wages, benefits, and reporting, including communications on ACH debit accounts for retirement and insurance premiums.
- As a Department Director, attend Leadership Team Meetings and participate fully in management activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform quality work within deadlines without supervision.
- Must be detail oriented and able to perform with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact professionally with employees, vendors, patients, etc.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Collaborate with other Department Directors.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate commitment and adherence to CM's Shared Values.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Two years of accounting or auditing experience is required.
- At least one year of experience with a computerized time and attendance system preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Two years of supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Prior hospital experience, preferably in a rural CAH desirable
For consideration, please provide resume along with a cover letter of interest with salary requirements.