Director - Diagnostic Imaging
Employment Status Full time Salary
Pay Range $106267.20 - $125028.80 / annual
Work Schedule Days
Bartlett Regional Hospital is searching for an experienced professional to join and lead our team as the Diagnostic Imaging Director.
The Diagnostic Imaging Director is responsible for the care and well-being of patients undergoing diagnostic imaging procedures and staff working in the vicinity of radiation-producing equipment. It is the incumbent’s role to maximize resource utilization and achieve organizational objectives through continuous improvement and process evaluation for cost effective care and quality clinical outcomes. The Director ensures compliance with established organizational, professional and accreditation standards and state/federal laws and regulations.
Juneau is a thriving and close-knit community in a beautiful Southeast Alaska setting. Working at Bartlett Regional Hospital affords the opportunity to support and care for the diverse population of our city as well as the many visitors we receive each year from around the world.
What You Will Do:
- Influences others in a positive manner; develops and inspires others; takes risks; fosters teamwork at the department/unit level; motivates staff; demonstrates individual accountability and fosters accountability in staff; demonstrates loyalty and commitment to BRH; is goal and action oriented; follows BRH Code of Conduct.
- Encourages staff to develop professionally through ongoing education, certification, and job advancement; actively participates in the orientation process for all new hires; keeps individual skills and knowledge base current; identifies opportunities for improvement and uses them as learning situations for staff; assures staff remains competent.
- Interacts and responds to physician issues and provides appropriate follow-up; includes physicians in decision-making aspects and seeks physician input as appropriate; provides environment of efficiency for physician practice.
- Prepares and manages budget; questions processes regarding budget; develops and uses staffing grids; supply utilization is within budgetary parameters. Uses creative ideas, develops solutions for generating revenue/cost containment. Understands changing environment; efficient use of financial monitoring and data; efficient resource utilization; departmental/clinical guidelines.
- Formulates department goals based on strategic directions of the organization; implements, monitors, and evaluates progress toward established goals.
- Articulates expectations for the department; negotiates department needs with other departments; identifies and responds to PI opportunities; participates on PI teams; uses data to make appropriate decisions.
- Makes department rounds to identify issues; observes and coaches staff and offers input and decision making regarding work practices; demonstrates competency in technical and interpersonal skills.
- Places safety as first priority for both patients and caregivers using it as the driving force for decision making. Emphasizes safety as everyone’s responsibility.
- Ensures availability appropriate computer technology support, including the Radiology Information System, PACS, Mammography Tracking, and others as needed in DI.
- Has a positive rapport with other departments throughout the hospital; problem solves issues. Participates on hospital/department ad hoc committees/teams and projects.
- Participates in professional and/or community organizations.
Minimum Qualifications for the Job:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in radiology health science technology approved by the American Medical Association.
- Licenses/Certifications: Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (A.R.R.T.) registration. BLS required within 90 days of hire.
- Experience: Minimum four (4) years current experience in a full imaging department in acute care setting; multimodality experience preferred. Three (3) years must include supervisory experience.
Practice Notice: All new employees are required to produce a negative drug screen prior to start of employment.
This position is eligible for relocation assistance. Contact Human Resources at 907-796-8418 for details.
Click here to learn more about Bartlett Regional Hospital, our amazing benefits, and why you should Choose Juneau. It’s a great place to work and a beautiful place to live!