Regional Nurse - Northern California
at Aegis Living (View all jobs)
Bellevue, Washington, United States (Aegis Corporate Office)
Áegis Living is looking for a talented, upbeat individual to be our SF/BAY AREA REGIONAL NURSE & TRAINER
DO YOU WANT A JOB YOU WILL LOVE?
Aegis redefines Assisted Living as you know it. Our Assisted Living Communities provide our residents a sophisticated lifestyle to include professional staff, enriching activities, and irresistible cuisine. We are honored to have received awards recognizing our excellence in the field of elder care at the state and national levels, with accolades from Seattle Business Magazine, Inc. Magazine, KING -5 Evening Magazine’s Best of the Best, Senior Housing Forum for Best Design, and includes the 2017 Glassdoor Employees Choice Award.
The N. CA Regional Nurse will be a member of the Corporate Team and report directly to the Vice President of Nursing and Care Services. The successful individual will be responsible for driving excellence in 9 of our N CA, SF/Bay Area Communities through overall planning, program design, and training/staff development. He/She will provide hands-on support to the Community Director of Nursing/Health Services Directors (HSD) in the Northern California / Bay Area region.
- Serve as the Regional Nurse and CA Regulation Expert. Responsible for the licensing regulations and identifies citable situations.
- Provide health services training to N. CA community nurses and community team members. Assist with S. CA training as needed.
- Make frequent visits to the N. CA Communities to meet with the HSD, assess the community utilization of the resident care systems and assist the HSD with planning and corrections of all potential issues.
- Recommends, problem solves and implements systems to support needed processes
- Monitor the Assessment/Service plan process to ensure that service fees are assigned in an accurate and timely manner, and that each resident has a current and accurate service plan.
- Conduct follow up investigations as needed on any non-employee unusual occurrences related to resident care, medications, or health services.
- Review licensing deficiencies related to health services. Assists the N. CA communities in developing and (as needed) implementing Plans of Correction.
- Assist in the recruitment of and interview candidates for the communities’ nursing positions by providing input to the General Manager to assist in the selection. Coordinate coverage for Community HSD vacancies as needed.
- Organize orientation schedule for each new nurse. Organize and conduct routine HSD meetings.
- Supports educational outreach for WA Communities as needed. Provide education and support services to the General Manager, Care Directors and the community staff members as needed in the area of assigned responsibilities.
- Work closely with our Compliance Officer to ensure compliance with the Quality Assurance process.
What you’ll need to be considered:
- CA RN required, BSN or ARNP preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience working in a Regional Nursing role in the assisted living or skilled nursing field preferred or oversight will be considered.
- Experience with multi-site training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and working experience with State Regulations relating to the health services field.
- Extensive management and organizational experience required, and the ability to implement systems approach to care.
- Experience and demonstrated skill set in working with individuals with Dementia.
- Ability to provide medication administration.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work diplomatically and collaboratively with Community and Home Office staff.
- Ability to travel to assigned communities and to attend meetings outside the assigned geographic area. Occasional overnight and air travel required.
- Ability to work out of a home based office within the SF/Bay area region.
- Must be proficient Microsoft Office Suite products, PowerPoint and Excel.
Research us. Ask around:
Find out why we have been awarded "Best Place to Work" numerous times @ http://careers.aegisliving.com/ and why we're a top rated company on Glassdoor.com.
This really is a great place to work!