Psychiatric Nurse Practioner
The Mid-level Medical Provider supplies an expanded level of responsibility in health care services by combining those of the Mid-level Practitioner and the Physician within the framework of mutually established medical guidelines and approved by the appropriate licensing board in the State of Washington.
At Columbia Basin Health Association (CBHA) we never have to wonder whether the work we do is worthwhile. Each day we see victories and successes, big and small, in the lives of people who count on us.
Partner with Columbia Basin Health Association (CBHA) for a rewarding career. Your dream to promote health and wellness, work with passionate people, and feel accomplished for doing important work while earning a reasonable paycheck is possible with us. Be a part of a healthcare movement as you grow your career. The size and culture of the organization provides an opportunity to work closely with leadership, lead initiatives, and see the results of your hard work. You ability to make an impact is limited only by your passion and creativity.
- Under the supervision of the Physician Preceptor and within the framework of policies established by CBHA’s Principles of Practice, this position provides direct patient care.
- Provide primary, acute and chronic care, including emergency care, in order to achieve, maintain and restore optimal patient outcomes.
- Engage in health assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of frequently occurring types of illnesses and other medical problems.
- Assume accountability to Preceptor for screening, treatment, and follow-up care.
- Assume responsibility for clinical management of those cases which fall within the scope of authority.
- Provide patient care in a satellite Clinic, when assigned.
- As assigned, conduct specialty clinics within the clinic or community as the primary care provider to a specific group of patients, for example, Migrant School Physicals, Diabetic groups, sport physicals, well baby clinics, etc.
- Provide back-up to Perinatal Care Program provider and deliver services according to the CBHA perinatal protocols.
- Participate in planning and instituting health care programs as a peer member of the health care team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes a positive work culture and upholds clinic policies and procedures, including the WE CARE standards of Behavior.
- Must uphold confidentiality at all times in regards to CBHA activities, reports, financials, patient health information and other proprietary information specific to CBHA.
Professional and Technical Knowledge:
Preference will be given to prior successful experience in a family practice clinical setting.
License and Certification:
- Physician Assistant: Possesses or is eligible for licensure in Washington State and who is certified (PA-C) by the National Association of Physicians Assistants.
- Family Nurse Practitioner: Possesses or is eligible for licensure in Washington State as an ARNP.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite to create simple displays of information.
- Ability to become proficient in the use of Electronic Medical Record Software.
- Responsible for effectively communicating clinical information to non-clinical staff, patients and others.
- Ability to provide effective communication of information in written (including electronic) correspondence in both formal and informal environments.