As one of the fastest growing community health centers in the region, Valley View Health Center offers primary medical, dental, behavioral health, telehealth, and pharmacy services, with a focus on integrated health care service delivery.
Valley View Health Center can attribute continued organizational and financial growth to the leadership, and expertise of the Management Team. In 2016 our Dental Director was inducted into The International College of Dentists and our Behavioral Health Director’s work on the integration of behavioral health and primary care is held as a model for health care integration nationwide.
The mission of Valley View Health Center is to improve the health and well-being of the community by providing quality and compassionate health care services in a patient-centered atmosphere, respecting individual and cultural diversity. To this end, Valley View Health Center has continually sought to meet the health care needs of the community through increased access to care, staff development and financial accountability.
Download & print out our Employment Application
Resumes and applications should be submitted to HR@vvhc.org
Job Classification: ARNP/Medical Education Program Director
Reports to: Medical Director
Supervises: ARNP New Hires/Students
Last reviewed: 11/01/2019
This position is responsible to oversee of the organization’s onboarding processes for new providers, oversee provider-level student placements, and work to build an accredited ARNP residency within Valley View Health Center. The incumbent’s key function is to create a reliable pipeline of medical provider candidates through student placement in our clinical programs. Builds processes to ensure newly hired providers receive effective clinical preparation to provide quality care to our community.
Education: Master’s degree or greater in healthcare or management required.
Licensure/Certification: Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner license to practice in the State of Washington.
- Education - Graduation from an accredited Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner program as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Experience - Six years’ experience as independent primary care provider in FQHC setting. Three years’ experiences in clinical education. Administrative and/or supervisory experience in health care preferred.
- Other - Requirement(s) Valid Washington State Driver’s License. Valid DEA certificate. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certificate. Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
Status Classification: Salary/Exempt
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and implement an ARNP residency program to better fulfil the mission of VVHC.
- Establish new and maintain knowledge of, and review annually existing policies, procedures and protocols for the residency program including resident selection, evaluation, promotion, and dismissal.
- Develop/improve the educational curriculum for an accredited residency training program
- Oversee, develop, and organize internal and external educational programs, clinical training, and didactic partnerships.
- Recruit, select, educate/train residents, and evaluate performance/competence through dependable measures not limited to direct observation and faculty consultation.
- Select supervising faculty, ensure teaching competence, and monitor appropriate student and resident supervision and review faculty performance annually.
- Provide leadership and direction for the clinical faculty to include faculty development, mentorship, supervision, and conflict resolution.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports in compliance with organizational policy and accreditation requirement.
- Provide oversight and annually evaluate external partners to ensure quality of educational experience.
- Ensure the quality of comprehensive, faculty-driven didactic and clinical education.
- Plan, develop, and monitor ARNP Residency Program budget, ensure long-term financial sustainability, and provide annual report.
- Effectively communicate and interact with patients, families, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- Create and maintain collaborations with national NP Residency partners with the goal of promoting NP residencies in FQHCs
- Maintain 40% of direct patient care and 60% precepting of residents and program development.
- Perform duties of a Nurse Practitioner as described in the ARNP job description.
- Lead, coordinate and/or conduct on-site meetings and training with medical providers.
- Oversee provider-level student placement at VVHC to include medical student, family medicine residents, and PA and ARNP students.
- Maintain advocacy for the integrated care model within Valley View Health Center.
- In collaboration with program directors, develop onboarding standards for all providers at VVHC.
- Develop and lead provider development programs and employees, hire, train, assign workload/projects, monitor and evaluate performance, initiate corrective and/or disciplinary actions, and perform all other related leadership functions.
- Work respectfully and courteously with other employees, follow direction and work well under pressure.
- Supports the organization’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Actively participate in quality improvement programs and activities; initiate quality projects and/or process improvement to attain quality service delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.