ASSOCIATE CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER - PEDIATRICIAN
Salud Para La Gente (SALUD) provides high quality, comprehensive and cost-effective full scope primary care services to underserved, low-income communities in the Monterey Bay area, including Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties. SALUD began in Watsonville in 1978 as a storefront “free clinic,” and with a growing need for health services, in 1992 became a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). Today SALUD is a primary health care network with 11 clinic sites and over 380 employees. We provide high quality services to patients of all ages. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a collaborative culture that values excellence, achievement, innovation and compassion.
DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Director of Pediatrics and in close working relationship with the Clinic Manager performs the duties of a pediatrician and administrative duties as needed.
This position supports the organization's mission, vision, and values through excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, commitment to our community, accountability and ownership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DIRECT PATIENT CARE
- Develop a panel of patients to provide comprehensive health care in an attentive and conscientious manner
- Perform direct patient care, including history taking, physical examination, lab and radiology ordering and interpretation, prescription of medications, immunizations and lifestyle modifications using established medical guidelines
- Perform procedures per documented training and clinical privileges
- Collaborate with supporting services at Salud to provide holistic care to patients, including but not limited to Community Health Services, Family Practice, OB, Behavioral Health, Dental, etc.
- Refer secondary conditions to specialists when appropriate
- Institute emergency measures in life-threatening situations
- Record all medical encounters in a timely and complete manner in the electronic health record
- Work with scheduling and management staff to ensure provider productivity standards
- Adhere to clinic communication guidelines and expectations with internal and external customers including co-workers, patients, and external partners.
- Communicate respectfully and effectively with people of different racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds and lifestyles
- Demonstrate professional and productive collaboration with healthcare team
- May assist with recruitment of physicians/advanced practice clinicians
- May form liaisons with appropriate professional societies, educational institutions and community organizations to enhance clinic ability to deliver medical care to target population.
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement efforts and safety, environmental and infection control standards
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state patient confidentiality laws
- Support advanced practice clinicians as clinical supervisor
- Work with the Clinic Manager, nurses and MA Team Leader to ensure optimal patient flow
- May be asked to supervise students or residents
MEDICAL QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Responsible for efficient and cost-effective delivery of quality medical services to all patients
- Work with Director of Pediatrics to provide input on quality programs in the department
- Attend and participate in all agency staff meetings, medical management meetings and quality assurance meetings
- Work with Director of Pediatrics and other staff to ensure that quality or other outcomes related to funding sources are achieved
- May provide in service training to staff
- Participate in Peer Review and Quality Improvement committees as per request by Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
- Assist CMO and Director of Pediatrics in other medical/leadership duties as assigned
- Valid CA Driver’s license, CA Physician's License and DEA license
- Current CPR certification
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Pediatrics, preferred.
- Fluent Spanish/English.
- Ability to obtain/maintain hospital admitting privileges at local hospital.
- Standing, walking, sitting, typing, reaching, bending, moving and/or lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Pediatric Practice
- Fluent Spanish/English
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary and benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, 401(k) with match, 457(b), FSA for dependent care, voluntary life insurance, voluntary long term disability, 12 Holidays, PTO, CE allowance and state loan repayment programs.
Please apply online and include current resume and cover letter: https://SaludParaLaGente.appone.com/
**SALUD PARA LA GENTE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. EMPLOYEES SHALL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ETHNICITY, AGE, DISABILITY, POLITICVAL AFFILIATION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY LAW.**