Psychiatrist for our Child and Adolescent Eating Disorder facility. As the Psychiatrist under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, you will diagnose illnesses, prescribe and administer treatment for people suffering from disease. The Psychiatrist will meet with patients, obtain medical histories, and order perform and interpret diagnostic tests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as teachers for trainees seeking clinical experience
- Focus on superior patient care by practicing evidence-based, high quality state of the art medicine; encourage increased patient understanding, involvement in care, and treatment decisions; achieve and maintain optimal patient access; insist on program focus on superior patient service; participate in or support education and research
- Collaborate on care delivery by including staff, other physicians and management in both service and patient care improvements; treat all members with respect; demonstrate the highest levels of ethical and professional conduct
- Listen and communicate by providing clinical information in a clear and timely manner; requesting information and resources needed to provide care; provide and accept feedback in a respectful manner from all staff
- Take ownership by providing leadership to improve outcomes, quality and program quality; work to ensure personal, program and organization compliance with all legal and educational requirements; and steadily improve the efficiency and economic aspects of your practice
- Quality metrics focus on clinically relevant outcome measures; change by embracing innovations to continuously improve patient care, program and organizational efficiency
- Promotes positive customer relationships with fellow employees, physicians, patients, and visitors. Will treat these individuals with courtesy, dignity, empathy, and respect; consistently display courteous and respectful verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Adheres to, complies and demonstrates support for the mission and values of ERC
- Ensure confidentiality of patient information by creating and maintaining a secure and trusting environment
- Ensure all duties, responsibilities and competencies are conducted in a manner that is effective and appropriate to patients to whom care, service and treatment is being provided
- Demonstrate knowledge and applicability of the principals of growth and development over the life span, as well as demonstrating the ability to assess data reflecting the patient’s status and interpreting appropriate cultural information of the patient(s) to whom care, service and treatment is being provided.
- Be an inspirational leader with the creativity and imagination to motivate staff and produce outcomes that move ERC forward in achieving its mission and vision
- Have knowledge of regulatory body requirements (Joint Commission, etc.)
- Ability to plan, direct, delegate and supervise a diverse workforce of professional and support personnel
Locations: Towson Maryland OR Seattle Washington OR Dallas Texas
What's in it for you:
We offer a flexible career path with comprehensive training and professional development opportunities.
- Competitive wages & Advancement opportunities
- Full Benefits 1st of month after hire
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Account Program
- A competency-driven core culture, offering a great place to work in addition to providing world-class care to our patients
- IAEDP™ Approved Supervisors on staff
- Professional Conferences
- Membership Dues
- Medical Licensure
We are looking for someone who has a focus on Family Practice or Pediatrics. Experience with Eating Disorders or Mood/Anxiety/Trauma is a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO).
- Completion of a psychiatric, pediatric or adolescent residency program from an accredited medical school
- Board eligible in in appropriate specialty (board certified preferred).
- Family Practice, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine background preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed to practice medicine in state of employment or state of assignment
- Completed and met clinical competency standards
Your Skills and Experience:
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Basic math skills and accurate data-entry ability
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on a deadline
- Excellent internal and external customer service AKA “soft skills”
- Sharp verbal and written communication skills
- Able to resolve complex situations and make complex decisions
- Very strong technical aptitude with the ability to learn various software platforms including Microsoft Office Suite
For immediate consideration please email our recruitment team @ email@example.com or check out the opportunity on our careers page @ https://www.eatingrecoverycenter.com/about-us/careers