Home Health RN Case Manager- M-F
Job Location Vancouver Office - Vancouver, WA
Position Type Full Time
Education Level 2 Year Degree
Salary Range Undisclosed
Travel Percentage Road Warrior
Job Shift Full Time
Job Category Health Care
Monday- Friday with rotating weekend call.
Sign on bonus ranging from $2500 - $5000 depending on Home Health experience
SUMMARY: Functions in planning, giving, and evaluating skilled nursing care under the direction of the Clinical Coordinator. Uses his/her initiative to implement physician plan of care with the available community resources.
- Makes the initial visit to evaluate the patient’s nursing needs. Develops and implements nursing treatment plans for all patient referrals based upon the data from the nursing history and assessment and the physician’s plan of treatment.
- Provides services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures, coordinating plan of treatment with physical, speech and occupational therapists, medical social worker, and Home Health Aides.
- Regularly re-evaluates the patient’s needs, and revises the plan of care as appropriate.
- As required by agency policy, reports both verbally and in writing significant change in patient’s condition (signs, symptoms, needs).
- Teaches, supervises, and counsels the patient and family to meet needs identified in the plan of treatment.
- Participates in discharge planning from home health care.
- Prepares concise, legible clinical notes, progress notes, summary reports, recertifications, and discharge summaries completely and in a timely manner. Becomes trained on laptop charting.
- Is responsible professionally for tasks delegated to the Home Health Aides and LPN’s, and the manner in which they are completed.
- Maintains coordination with all other disciplines as needed for patient care.
- Provides appropriate resources in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Maintains agency productivity standards.
- Assists with patient care audit and clinical record reviews.
- Plans for and participates in case conferences with the health care team.
- Attends and contributes to the development and periodic evaluation of inservice programs.
- Keeps abreast of current state and federal rules and regulations as appropriate.
- Is responsible for his/her continuing education, i.e. professional journals, attending seminars, workshops, assisting in presentation of inservice education, etc.
- Accepts other duties as assigned, which may vary based on agency needs.
- Supports the Agency’s Mission and Value Performance Standards.
- Works independently by taking initiative to complete work correctly, on time, and follows processes to ensure consistency.
- Works effectively in groups by respecting other’s thoughts and opinions through attentive listening, and responds in a polite and appropriate manner.
- Takes ownership of mistakes and informs supervisor; learns and takes initiative to make changes when needed.
- Speaks directly to someone when there is a question or problem instead of talking to others first. Uses appropriate steps to resolve conflict when conflict arises.
- Remains mindful of the impact of actions towards others and employs good habits with communication and timely documentation.
- Receives coaching and feedback with an open mind, and adjusts to incorporate changes to meet outcomes and goals successfully.
- Seeks opportunity to improve, learn, and grow professionally on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of medications and sterile techniques.
- Strong teaching and leadership skills.
- Basic personal computer skills to perform data entry preferred.
- All staff driving on agency business required to have a valid driver’s license, reliable auto, and current auto insurance with adequate coverage.
- Job may include sitting, standing, bending, stretching, stooping, walking, lifting 20-30 lbs and repetitive hand motion associated with keyboarding.
- Current CPR card.
- BBP training.
- Proof of TB screening.
- Current RN license for Washington.
- Minimum one year acute care setting with IV experience.
- HIV/AIDS education.
Potentially unsafe and unsanitary home environments. Potential travel in inclement weather. Office environment.
Position Physical Demands
Driving or riding in a motor vehicle, standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, and stretching. Lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 325 pounds utilizing an assistive device. Providing after-hours, weekend, and holiday on-call coverage.
Flexible goggles with side shields, anti-reflux respirator, protective gowns, aprons, and gloves.