As one of the largest diagnostic radiology practices in Washington State, Inland Imaging values the talents of our diverse and dynamic work team. Whether your skills are clinical, financial, technical, or service-oriented, Inland Imaging provides you the opportunity to succeed and advance in your career.
With operations in Spokane and Seattle, Inland Imaging may be able to accommodate your specific lifestyle needs. With primary operations in Spokane, Washington you will have access to a growing and vibrant city, great schools and universities, an active arts performance and musical community, and unparalleled outdoor beauty and recreation opportunities.
Inland's culture is progressive, innovative, hard-working, focused, and service-oriented. Our patients, our communities, and our referring physicians are at the heart of all that we do. We support the diversity and interests of our employees and their extended families. We are passionate about what we do -- which is making a difference in people's lives.
We offer excellent pay, benefits, and bonuses
Currently looking for a Full Time Team Leader, Sonography to work Monday-Friday at our Sacred Heart Medical Center Location
Summary: To obtain the highest quality radiological exams under the direct or indirect supervision of a radiologist per established Inland Imaging guidelines and protocols. To lead, guide and empower team members to provide quality patient care and facilitate a smooth workflow.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs high quality Sonography exams that are consistently approved by the Radiologist, and performed to accepted protocol.
- Performs various Sonography exams that may include, but not limited to: abdomen, breast, renal, obstetric, gynecologic, thyroid, scrotal, arterial, venous doppler (extremities), prostate exams and assisting Radiologist with invasive Sonography procedures.
- Ensure that accurate and appropriate patient history and clinical information is obtained so the radiologist can provide a diagnosis to answer the clinical question.
Oversee Operations in the Ultrasound Department in the location(s) where IICA has a Staffing and Management contract
- Patient care
- Ensure patients receive quality care and service from employees under your supervision
- Model customer service attitude
- Investigate, document, and follow up all patient care incidents.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with other Team Leaders and Managers to resolve center specific issues
- Communicate with the Scheduling Department when rescheduling must occur for equipment downtime or staff scheduling issues.
- Direct supervision of the Sonographers and Patient Care Assistants in the Ultrasound Department(s)
- Interview and select new staff for department with Ultrasound Manager
- Facilitate training of all new employees using the 90-day competency checklist and completing the training within the prescribed 90-days
- Coaches, mentors, trains, disciplines staff
- Provides timely verbal and written counseling of employee behavioral and performance issues, using Human Resources as needed
- Meet with each employee regularly (no less than monthly)
- Be available to answer questions and concerns during regular working hours
- Perform staff performance evaluations
- Plan and conduct regularly scheduled department meetings
- Maintain positive work environment by recognizing employee successes and supporting employees in their daily routine
- Reconcile bi-weekly employee timekeeping
- Ensure that appropriate levels of supplies are ordered per company contracts/protocols.
- Ensure that appropriate supplies are available in the department when needed for patient care
- Reconcile deliveries of supplies and communicate discrepancies with the Purchasing Agent.
- Participates in capital purchasing decision making process
- Participates in site visits when requested
- Ensure staff are properly trained for use of new equipment
- Schedule and participate in applications training with vendor representatives and IICA staff
- Provide documentation of training for the staff personnel file
- Ensure equipment is maintained appropriately
- Contact Service Vendor during downtime
- Ensure proper documentation of service to meet JCAHO / ACR guidelines
- Assist with ACR Accreditation for location
- Perform all ACR processes to include but not limited to applications, image selection, protocol compliance, submission paperwork, follow up recommendations, etc…
- Maintains standards by Joint Commission and other appropriate regulatory bodies
Participate in Business Development for Ultrasound Department
- Collaborates with Customer Service
- Participates in referring provider education
- Attend focus groups
- Office visits, lunch and learns
- Participate in various events
- Address referring physician service issues
- Address patient service issues and concerns
- Resource to answer questions and concerns during regular working hours
- Assist in any customer service needs throughout the organization
Actively participates in the Overall Success of Inland Imaging, LLC
- Participates in the implementation of special projects as assigned or volunteered in align with the strategic plans
- Participate in development of policies and procedures that apply to all departments
- Attend and actively participate in monthly team leader meeting
- Attend and actively participates in all site meetings as appropriate
- AA Degree required
- Accredited Sonography Program to pass the ARDMS
- Five years’ experience as a working Sonographer required
- One year supervisory experience preferred
- Anatomy and medical terminology preferred
- Medical office experience preferred
- Understanding of ultrasound procedures to be read by radiologist preferred
- Registration: Must have successfully passed ARDMS registration (has two or more disciplines in place)
- Certifications: Current CPR/BLS required
- Computer Skills:
- Experience with the following computer applications is highly desired: Kronos; Imagecast; Stentor; IDXterm; Intranet
- Experience with the following computer applications is required: Outlook; experience with a RIS/PACS
- Background Check:
- Must be able to pass a background check required by RCW 43.43.830-840 to work with children under the age of 16, developmentally disabled persons or vulnerable adults
- In order to comply with provisions set forth in Sections 1128 and 1156 of the Social Security Act, all new employees of Inland Imaging Clinical Associates, LLC will be checked against the LIST OF EXCLUDED INDIVIDUALS provided by the Department of Health & Human Services, Office of the Inspector General (OIG). Employees must not be included on this list.
- Drug Test: Eligible employees must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test which includes Marijuana.
For more information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.inlandimaging.com