Organization: The Queen's Health Systems
Location: Honolulu, HI
Date Job Posted: September 15, 2020
Share with Others:
I. POSITION DESCRIPTION/ACCOUNTABILITY:
A director functions at a high organizational level, providing leadership and direction in the development and implementation of strategic and innovative initiatives to further the mission of The Queen’s Medical Center (QMC). Anticipates problems and other needs and seeks solutions to assure the on-going operations of the Medical Center. Is highly skilled in facilitating interactions among organizational departments and functions. Promotes teamwork and collaboration; is results-oriented. A director reports to an executive; is accountable for functions and/or activities at the organization but may also have responsibilities, supporting operations at other Queen’s Health Systems (QHS) entities or other affiliated organizations. He/she is accountable for outcomes and results to achieve the annual goals and objectives approved by the Board of Trustees. Makes a significant contribution to patient care quality and service. Functions as an organizational leader and is accountable to the System Leadership Council. Recognizes and supports the unique heritage and mission established by the founders, Queen Emma and King Kamehameha IV.
Area of assignment: Provides leadership, administration and clinical and operational management to patient care units, departments, programs, functions, and activities related to Medicine, Hemodialysis, PICC Team, IV Team, and Respiratory Care services for Queens – Punchbowl on a 24/7 basis. May be assigned other departments and areas of responsibility.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking. Continuous: sitting, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods. Frequent: walking. Occasional: standing, stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of one pound up to five pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, frequent gripping of an object. Operates computer, telephone and other business type equipment.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. Education/Certification and Licensure:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
2. Master’s degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Hospital administration or related health care and/or professional field.
3. Current Hawaii license as a Registered Nurse.
1. Five (5) years management/leadership experience in area(s) assigned, preferably in a comparable hospital.
2. Solid understanding of business principles, i.e., strategic and financial planning, budgeting, business planning, organization theory.
3. Proven leadership skills, i.e., planning, communications, motivation, mentoring, interpersonal skills.
4. Track record of managing multiple departments/functions, preferably in a comparable health care setting.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet