Advocate Health Care, the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Our Corporate Support & Operations Services are equally committed to advancing Advocate's goal of building lifelong relationships with patients by delivering the best health outcomes and highest level of service through an integrated approach to care and wellness.
Develops standard or traditional recruiting strategies to engage active and passive candidates for defined functional area for a large, complex, matrixed organization. Consults with hiring leaders to identify short~term staffing needs based on business decisions or turnover and recommends hiring solutions. Evaluates recruitment plans, researches and analyzes market complexities, and partners with sourcing team when current market trends and staffing issues indicate a need. May be involved in recruitment of complex jobs, partnering with senior level staff as needed.
- Creates recruitment strategies, screens and interviews top talent for defined functional areas and manages recruitment service level agreements.
- Develops relationships with hiring managers and HR partners. Consults with hiring leadership to anticipate, develop and provide solutions for short~term hiring needs and business goals which include the following: identifying hiring needs, interviewing candidates, recommending qualified candidates, and extending job offers.
- Screens applications, selecting appropriate candidates for interviews using phone, audio, and video resources. Interviews job applicants to determine suitability for employment and provides hiring recommendations to hiring leaders. Responsible for moving candidates through the talent acquisition process in a timely efficient manner according to the service level agreements.
- May work with the sourcing team to assess recruitment and sourcing success or manage own success by tracking related trends, statistics, averages and effectively consulting with hiring leaders. Identifies key gaps, assesses needs, and presents effective solutions.
- Maintains recruitment models that meet clients' needs and serves as best practice guides for quality and expedient, effective hiring solutions including continued engagement of hiring leaders and applicants.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Human Resources or related field.
- Experience Required: Typically requires 3 years of experience in human resources that includes experiences in recruiting, screening, interviewing, and assisting in the development and implementation of proactive recruiting strategies.
- Knowledge and skills in successfully creating and implementing proactive recruitment plans. Ability to effectively work with management and other talent acquisition staff to determine hiring needs, and recruit candidates based on these needs with resourcefulness, creativity, and efficiency.
- Knowledge and understanding of general recruiting, compensation, benefits and general human resources policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of state and federal labor laws and regulations that impact human resources/employment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, consistently demonstrating a high degree of professionalism.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) or similar products.
- Ability to work within a fast~paced, team~focused environment. Ability to meet multiple deadlines and identify/solve problems creatively.
- Must have functional speech and hearing.
- Position requires extensive telephone work.
- Position may require evening or weekend assignments.
- This position may require local and regional travel and thus there is exposure to road and weather hazards.
- Generally exposed to a normal office environment.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.