Human Resource Generalist
Auburn Homes and Services is a not-for-profit senior services organization with Long-Term Care, Transitional Care, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Enhanced Care, and Hud Subsidized Independent Living Facilities located in Chaska and Waconia Minnesota. In the spirit of Christ's love, we serve others with integrity and compassion.
Human Resource Generalist
The Human Resource Generalist will assist with the daily operations of the human resource office. Will be assisting with administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource department. Will be participating in employee relations, personnel functions/records, administering benefits, staff development, budget and planning, and other essential human resource/administrative tasks while upholding Auburn Homes and Services values and policies.
This candidate will need to be able to work out of both Auburn Homes and Services locations in Chaska and Waconia, MN. This position will be full-time day-side hours. May require working beyond normal working hours, on weekends, holidays, and other shifts when necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Knowledgeable of administrative practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to employment law, wage and hour rules, labor relations, OSHA, Privacy Act, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent employee information in accordance with the Privacy Act, as well as our facility’s established policies governing the release of information.
- Administer fringe benefits programs, to include pensions, annuities, health/life insurance programs, etc., as directed.
- Prepare, recommend, and maintain records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data.
- Ensure that the facility is in compliance with current applicable federal and state employment regulations regarding wages, overtime, work hours, workman’s/unemployment compensation, etc.
- Provide public information (i.e., verification of employment, wages, etc.), in accordance with current laws, regulations, and guidelines governing such matters.
- Conduct employee background and reference checks in accordance with our facility’s established procedures.
- Contribute to Affirmative Action Plans/Programs as necessary or required.
- Contribute to risk management and fire safety programs.
- Coordinate all input and outputs from the HRIS, maintain the system and create programming adjustments to reflect current practices and become the subject manner expert for the company.
- Administer scheduling program throughout company.
- Assist in ensuring that adequate financial records and cost reports concerning personnel administration is submitted.
- Manage benefit open enrollment process and communicate to carriers.
- Coordinate Worker Compensation claims.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the organization.
- Other related duties as assigned and that may become necessary/appropriate to assure that our facility is in compliance with current laws, regulations, and guidelines concerning the operation of our facility.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university, or equivalent. (Two (2) years’ experience in human resources may be recognized in lieu of a Bachelors Degree.)
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the laws, regulations, and guidelines concerning personnel administration.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Must possess the ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information and make recommendations.
- Must have a thorough administrative working knowledge of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
- Must have an ability to mediate between employees and coach leaders on employee relations concerns.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Auburn Homes & Services is an EEO/AAP employer