Primary Purpose: As the Director of Diversity you will be responsible for designing, developing, executing and managing system-level and site level programs and initiatives that enable, promote and advance a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. You will champion an inclusive and culturally-competent work environment to better serve our associates, clinicians, patients and the communities. This includes evolving and executing our strategies for engaging a diverse and inclusive workforce, ensures execution of D&I initiatives which help UC Health meet its strategic goals and mission. In partnership and under the mentorship of the Chief Diversity Officer, this position will also connect with and represent UC Health in various external stakeholder forums and partnerships designed to support Talent, Health Equity & Economic Development initiatives. We are seeking individuals who are team-oriented and collaborative with a change management mind-set.
Knowledge and Skills
Education: Bachelor's Degree in HR – OD - Business or Related Field, minimum required.
Master's Degree in HR – OD - Business or Related Field, preferred.
License and Certification:
SPHR, PROSCI, Coaching certification, or Cornell Diversity and Inclusion Professionals Certification Preferred
Years of Experience: Six to ten years equivalent experience, minimum required. Eleven to fifteen years, preferred.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated strategic planning, execution and evaluation skills. Demonstrated experience of accountability and achieving results. Proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships at all levels of the organization and business in the community.
- Experience communicating with data to drive change; Strong talent data analytics experience.
- Experience leading/sponsoring project or programs from end-to-end
- While the position will work in a normal office environment, travel to the various hospitals, work locations and vendor locations will be necessary. Work hours will vary from time to time depending upon the needs of the
- Strong interpersonal skills. Experience in working with a broad range of individuals and organizations.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with core diversity and inclusion concepts and practices as well as strong capability in organizational change.
- Track record of fostering, driving, and implementing ideas with broad measurable impact.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Diversity and Inclusion training, recruiting, development and community-based programming
Other Critical Factors
- Strong organizational and communication skills, interacting with and influencing leaders at multiple levels and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strategic partnering skills and ability to work across functions and communities to develop ideas and deliver outcomes.
- Demonstrated leadership and management capabilities, helping develop team members and fostering a positive and inclusive experience for the team.
- Conflict Management skills.
- Proven record of organizational agility, political savviness, perseverance and dealing with ambiguity.
- Certifications; SPHR, Prosci or similar change management,