Senior Decision Support Services Analyst
Full Time Regular
Camarillo, CA, US
Requisition ID: 1203
The Senior Decision Support Services (DSS) Analyst is responsible for providing strategic analytical support to multiple departments within the organization. Responsibilities are focused on providing leadership and expertise to the DSS team; performing data analysis and providing business intelligence, strategic recommendations, and using data to analyze plan experience and model change to support the growth of Gold Coast Health Plan (GCHP), and the health of GCHP members.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise to the DSS team in multiple areas.
- Lead efforts in continuing improvement of DSS policies and processes.
- Collaboratively work with the team; leveraging others’ knowledge, experience, and skillsets to meet customer requirements.
- Function as internal consultant to DSS staff and organization leadership.
- Function as DSS point person and representative at select organizational and departmental meetings.
- Respond to business inquiries and requests for Business Intelligence products within established timeframes; on time and meeting customer requirements.
- Work efforts include: Scripting of queries to obtain sets of data for report writing, data analysis, Business Intelligence, and development of visualizations to effectively tell business stories and support informed decisions.
- Perform periodic and continuous audit of processes, systems, and data retrieval to ensure up-to-date best practices and account for changing business requirements. Develop a continuous improvement process for existing reports and analysis, including ongoing effort to streamline, automate, or educate to self-service as often as possible
- Adopt a process improvement approach to all Decision Support Services work efforts
- Become super-user of current data and business tools, systems, and data resources; provide training across GCHP as appropriate.
- Utilize strong project management skills to ensure successful prioritization and completion of projects.
- Assist in the documentation of processes and procedures, create job aids to support ongoing team training and sharing of knowledge.
- Partner with GCHP staff to understand data limitations, perpetuate a culture of Data Stewardship, and partner in validation and responsible use of data across organization.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Technical Skills – Ability to use available tools, technology, and data systems to accomplish tasks and deliver results.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Health Care Management, or in a related field.
Expert knowledge of Health Plan operations, health care and industry trends.
Will consider demonstrated work experience in lieu of degree.: or Work Equivalent
Experience: 3 plus years of experience in backend systems, databases, and working with large amounts of data.
4 plus years of experience in in a Healthcare environment.
3 plus years of experience in working with various BI tools, Analytics software and Data Warehousing environments.
Health Plan experience is preferable; managed Medi-Cal experience, a major plus.
Experience with Milliman Medlnsight or other Data Warehouse and BI tools, preferred.
Computer Skills: Demonstrated experience and proficiency using SQL and SQL scripting as a tool for data analysis. Proficient in MS SQL Server, T-SQL. SSRS knowledge a plus. Expert in MS Excel (with data management, formulas, graphs).
Licenses: A valid California Driver's License.
- Proven analytical skills to identify opportunities for financial and operational improvement through data analysis and interpretation.
- Knowledge of claims systems and payment methodologies; financial and clinical information systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation.
- Skilled in teamwork dynamics, both as a member and a leader.
- Skills in both written and verbal, including the ability to produce clear and well organized documentation.
- Customer-focused, team player with a desire to continuously improve current business practices/processes.
- Ability to see the big picture while maintaining a detail-oriented mindset.
- Passionate about excellence, data quality and integrity; with the ability to drive process improvement of data-related issues.