Bring your leadership experience to UW Health!
We are seeking a Manager, Access Center to:
- Initiate programs and integrate functional improvements in Access Center services across the UW Health System of Care.
- Manage and direct the coordination of inter-hospital transfers, unscheduled hospital admissions, bed tracking and reservations.
- Coordinate physician to physician consults, assess and maintain good working relationships with referring physicians and faculty.
Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area such as Nursing, Business, Healthcare Administration, or a related field. If RN, BSN is required.
Preferred – Master’s degree in a relevant subject area such as Nursing, Business Administration, or Healthcare Administration
Minimum - Seven years of relevant experience in management and/or related programs
Preferred - Experience in a large academic or complex health program that included department/specialty-specific services.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Relevant certification
- Registered nurse.
- Wisconsin RN license.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities include:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to include the ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts and build teams.
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility.
- Ability to operate in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated innovative approach to problem resolution.
- Ability to work collaboratively across UW Health entities and disciplines. Demonstrated commitment to patient- and family-centered care.
- Broad knowledge of modern health care administration practices and principles within a managed care environment and/or an academic medical center.
- Effective analytical ability in order to develop and analyze options, recommend solutions to and solve complex problems and issues.
- Demonstrated effective managerial and administrative leadership of clinical operations
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in negotiation as applied to service contracts and equipment purchasing.