Database Development Supervisor
Kern Family Health Care, 2900 Buck Owens Blvd., Bakersfield, California, United States of America Req #1499
We appreciate your interest in our organization and assure you that we are sincerely interested in your qualifications. A clear understanding of your background and work history will help us potentially place you in a position that meets your objectives and those of the organization. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, or any related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, gender expression, military status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability (mental or physical).
This position is responsible for assisting the Manager of Data Management and Business Intelligence in the development and execution of a comprehensive database infrastructure and database development strategy for the organization. The Database Development Supervisor will lead a highly talented team of Database Administrator and Database Development resources that are responsible for the organization’s database architecture and presentation, database administration, and the extract, transform, load strategy (ETL) for internal and external data consumers for Kern Health Systems (KHS). The Database Development Supervisor must be capable of drawing sound conclusions; interpret and follow detailed and precise written and oral instructions; prepare clear, complete and concise reports for review; supervise, evaluate, and train assigned staff; and have the ability to work well and effectively communicate with people of various professional, vocational and educational backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strong technical database technology depth, project management skills, and related abilities to facilitate and execute multidiscipline projects and teams in accomplishing corporate goals and objectives.
- Provide strong supervising skills to the DBA Team with excellent communication skills in writing and orally. Coordinate multiple corporate projects, department projects and maintenance with all facets of the business.
- Ensures quality data warehouse analysis, design activities, source system analysis, identifies key data issues, and performs data profiling
- Experience in the design and development of OLAP functionality, and capable of developing OLAP cubes.
- Assists in the creation of database and related policies and procedures; works as, or with, a Project Manager on project cost, resource estimation, tasking, and timely project completion.
- Monitor the database marketplace for new trends, technologies and its potential benefits, and participate in selection of tools, software, and upgrades.
- Ensure proper management of the teams fiscal activities; contribute to the budget process, establishes and maintains procedures and systems for accurate and timely reporting on fiscal related activities.
- Build, manage, and energize a technical team with a proven focus on delivering business results with excellent customer service while coordinating activities with data source owners to ensure data integration is accurate and complete.
- Provide leadership and management for the Database Development group that consists of Database Administrators with varying skill levels to include the review of technical designs, code, implementation, and solutions.
- Provide technical oversight and subject matter expertise to the Database Development team on key initiatives and help influence the short and longer term roadmap.
- Design and manage the enterprise database architecture, with a Microsoft SQL Server database environment and manage the design and implementation of the organizations data models to be used for application development, data analysis and standard reporting.
- Provide oversight and reconciliation efforts with stored procedures, Pentaho, KORE, and Microsoft SSIS ETL tools while ensuring that any data integrity issues are addressed.
- Supervise and perform database modeling within the Operational Data Store (ODS) and Data Warehouse (DW) to include but not limited to schemas, indexes, appropriate data relationships, and documentation.
- Participate in research, requirements definition, planning, design, execution of database and related projects while participating in project management activities.
- In coordination with business leaders, identity process improvement opportunities through automation, empirical data, or technology while mentoring subordinates.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers to solve database technology issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field from an accredited school or equivalent and eight (8) years progressive experience in a data-oriented technical capacity for a medium to large size organization preferably in healthcare.
- A minimum of five years experience in a supervisory capacity over a technical team.
- Experience may be substituted on a year by year basis.
- Position is suited for a mid-level to advanced career management person.
- Possession of valid driver’s license and proof of State required auto liability insurance. Required Travel Up to 5%
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis.