CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
The Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organizations most valuable asset: its human resources. Under the supervision of the CEO and along with other members of the leadership team, the CHRO participates in and contributes to complex administrative processes, decision-making, and supports board governance endeavors, and CARF accreditation. Protects the interests of JAMHI by ensuring compliance with applicable governmental laws and regulations including, and without limitations: EEOC, ADA, OSHA, wage and hour, NLRB, and various local, state and federal agencies.
- Develop JAMHI’s human resources policies, practices, and processes so they support JAMHI’s business strategies by assessing JAMHI’s human resource policies, practices, and processes and recommending/implementing appropriate changes.
- Ensure policies, practices, processes, and HR programs are consistently administered, and aligned with JAMHI’s strategies. Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws and CARF accreditation standards as well as advising department leaders on legal implication of HR issues related to discipline and employee grievance.
- Function as a coach and advisor to department leaders regarding key human resources management issues. Partner with Senior Leadership to ensure organizational effectiveness and employee engagement.
- Provide leadership in managing and responding to changes in work requirements, work environment and workforce composition.
- Participate with other leaders to achieve financial objectives and sustainability within programs by forecasting human resource financial requirements, staff productivity measurements; taking into account service, physical and electronic systems, demands and supports.
- Directs and delivers corporate programs and strategic initiatives that support a corporate culture which is built on value, continuous learning, profitability, accountability, and measurement.
- Leverages technology to drive change, simplify processes, lower operating costs and enhance operational efficiencies.
- Models strong accountability and follow-through contributing to organization-wide planning to enhance service delivery and business processes from the human resource perspective.
- Consistently demonstrates effective tact and diplomacy, contributes to complex problem-solving, provides effective managerial support and contributes to effective teamwork.
- Maintain working relationship with JAMHI’s labor union, administering the collective bargaining agreement; addressing grievances and managing the grievance process; acting as the primary liaison, lead negotiator and authorized signer.
- Engages, energizes and motivates others while being a champion for consistent adherence to and proliferation of the JAMHI values throughout the organization.
- Develop and implement comprehensive total rewards strategies and plans including compensation and benefits that are competitive, equitable, and consistent with JAMHI’s pay philosophy.
- Plan and oversee the HR department, ensure that HR processes, systems and technology align with the organizations strategy and plans, and provide reliable and timely data analysis to support management decisions. Compile and analyze data, including the preparation and distribution of various HR reports.
- Enhance organizational effectiveness by identifying and analyzing current circumstances; implementing organization development interventions; providing training and development programs that align with JAMHI’s strategies and objectives; developing and maintaining succession plans; recommending new organizational structures, staffing, reporting relationship, and related roles/responsibilities.
- Manage safety and risk management initiatives related to staff such as employee wellness, workers compensation, OSHA, etc.
Staff Recruitment, Hiring and Retention:
- Develop and implement strategic plans for talent acquisition, retention and succession planning.
- Manage recruitment activities and advertising for all departments.
- Receive applications and resumes and track all job applicants.
- Establish effective selection processes, onboarding, rewards, recognition, performance management, leadership and employee development, employee engagement, and retention processes and programs; and by measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of such programs through tools such as employee/organizational surveys.
- Develop and monitor the employee evaluation system and process.
- Oversee and train supervisors on agency interview process and regularly participate on interview panels.
- Manages the hiring process and ensures appropriate salary placement of all hires.
- Facilitate off boarding process to include exit interviews.
Recordkeeping & Reporting:
- Ensure record keeping and reporting to meet all regulatory and accreditation requirements.
Supervisor Guidance & Coaching:
- Provides counsel, guidance, interpretation, and consultation to department leaders regarding the union contract, employment law, employee handbook, JAMHI personnel policies and best workforce practices. Administrates, coordinates, and interprets JAMHI’s employee relations policies and objectives.
- Assists in negotiating the grey area that can be associated with maintaining a collaborative workforce and developing healthy workplace culture.
- Participates as an impartial third party in matters of conflict resolution, disciplinary action, investigations, and when requested.
Agency-wide Support & Training:
- Work with Senior Leadership to drive effective talent assessment, performance management, mentoring, organizational development programs and training processes and programs.
- Identify, develop and implement strategies for staff training and professional development.
- Facilitates the work of the cross-agency training team.
- Oversee and coordinate the cost-efficient development and delivery of staff training to meet or exceed service and professional quality standards, including supervision of training staff, development and implementation of multi-media training resources including the Relias Learning Management System.
- Administer for Relias Learning Management System.
- Contributes to JAMHI marketing and public relations, supports the administration of the website and social media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Business-related Bachelor’s degree, ideally in human resource management.
- SHRM Certified or willing to pursue certification.
- Additional years of human resource experience may substitute for the related bachelor’s degree.
- Ten (10) years of progressive human resource management experience required, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of administrative processes and practices and excellent skills in public communications; office practices, business English and letter writing; grammar, spelling and punctuation; knowledge and skill in use of standard business computer software (Word, Excel, and Access preferred), email, word processing and office equipment.
- Must have ability to work independently, prioritize workload, gather data, reason logically, communicate effectively with officials, employees, private groups, and the public; compose letters or reports utilizing a wide knowledge of vocabulary, grammar and spelling; perform delegated administrative assignments; etc.
Salary Range: $33.29 – $46.90 DOE
To be considered for this position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email to HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy. Applications online at: https://jamhi.wpengine.com/jamhi-careers