Endoscopy Tech/Medical Assistant (Multiple Locations)
Ohio Gastroenterology Group is the leading provider of general advanced GI procedures with several state-of-the-art facilities throughout Central Ohio. We employ a talented team of specialists who perform more GI procedures each year than any other practice in our area.
We currently have a full-time opening for an Endoscopy Technician/Medical Assistant in several of our locations: Dublin, Westerville, Olentangy, Pickerington and East side of Ohio
Ensures proper care of endoscopy equipment, prepare and clean rooms, provide assistance to patients, physicians, and nursing staff.
Essential key responsibilities:
- Prepare rooms and assists with diagnostic/therapeutic endoscopic procedures
- Sets up each procedure room prior to procedure and has appropriate equipment, instruments, and supplies available to use
- Responsible for care and maintenance of equipment, tests equipment prior to procedure to ensure it is working properly, Reports equipment malfunction to nurse manager
- Properly cleans and disinfects/sterilizes accessories used during procedures
- Responsible for care, maintained and disinfection of endoscopic washer
- Prepares appropriate paperwork and endoscopes for repair
- Maintain equipment records
- Assists the physician and the staff nurse with endoscope procedures
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and assists with ordering
- Secures and restocks rooms with supplies/accessories
- Cleans and restocks procedure rooms and carts
- Provides patient care pre and post procedure under the supervision of the registered nurse
- May gather initial patient information questions such as current complaint, known allergies, may help patient dress and undress, may take and record vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations, and blood pressure), applies pulse oximeter to patient and may monitor pulse and respirations after procedures; assists with patient discharge as directed
- Adheres to infection control principles and applies universal precautions according to hospital and departmental standards
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with diversified levels of patients, staff members, and management
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives
- Ability to organize work material and/or charts to ensure accuracy of patient records
- Ability to handle and resolve problems
Must be a certified or registered Medical Assistant or STNA
Active CPR certification is required
8:30 am -5:00 pm Monday- Friday
Ohio Gastroenterology Group offers a nice life/work balance and a great benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage- benefits are effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- Company paid life insurance and short term disability
- Generous paid time off plans (vacation, sick and personal)
- 8 paid holidays
- Two retirements plans:
- 401(k) plan that offers a 3% safe harbor contribution with immediate vesting as well as annual profit sharing contributions.
- Cash balance pension plan – company contributes 2.5% and offers full vesting after 3 years of employment.
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Employee appreciation programs
- Uniform reimbursement programs
- Growth opportunities
Apply now to join a great company!