Referral and Assessment Coordinator
Outpatient · Phoenix, Arizona
Improving the lives of individuals and families through Native American culturally appropriate behavioral health, affordable housing, and community development services
Under the direct supervision of the Admissions Supervisor, this position is responsible for managing and tracking all referrals from receipt through initiation of clinical services as well as completion of client assessments on a daily basis.
- Provides excellent customer service to clients and referring agencies.
- Receives and acknowledges all incoming referrals (by fax, email and phone calls/walk ins) while reviewing payor/insurance eligibility and creating client file in EHR within 24 business hours.
- Screens referrals for necessary clinical information and schedules clients for assessments as quickly as possible.
- Tracks all referrals to ensure timely assessments are offered and completed. In the event that a client is outreached and does not engage, client chart should be closed.
- Completes comprehensive assessments and all related documentation via phone, telehealth and in person modalities. Recommends appropriate services for client based on assessment process. Referrals made to internal programs as well as external providers.
- Completes Integrated Service Plans.
- Works closely with Leadership and all billing staff to evaluate and ensure efficient work flow and internal processes from client referral through assessment appointment.
- Works closely with intake team to prioritize priority populations (i.e., Native American, pregnant, IV substance use, homeless, etc.) for residential admissions.
- Notify clients and referral sources of all documents and needs for entering treatment.
- Maintain positive working and referral relationships with ACC Health Plans, Phoenix Area Indian Health Service offices and tribes, detox centers, Phoenix Indian Medical Center, medical facilities and other numerous referral agencies.
- Supports front desk with flow of referral review and care coordination
- Assist with group facilitation in outpatient clinic as needed.
- Support and actively engage in practices of inclusion through Cultural and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) Standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Interpersonal Communication
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Screening and Assessment
- Care Planning and Care Coordination
- Quality of Work/Intervention
- Cultural Competence and Adaptation
- Systems Oriented Practice (Work Efficiency/ Punctuality/Attendance)
- Practice-Based Learning and Quality Improvement
- Professional Behavior- Attitude/Enthusiasm
- Master’s Degree in behavioral health field plus
- Associate or Independent License from the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners Preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIREMENT:
- Fingerprint Certificates within 90 days of hire
- MS Office proficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors, and vendors
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must demonstrate critical thinking, problem- solving and organizational and time management skills
- Bilingual- Spanish desired
- Required strong clinical skills
- Knowledgeable about the economic, educational and social challenges of Native Americans
- Familiar with assessment tools that pertain to substance abuse, depression, and other behavioral health issues
- Able to sit, stand walk with/ without accommodations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE: Preference is given to qualified Native American Applicants in accordance with the Indian Preference Act. If claiming a preference, a copy of valid documentation will be necessary.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Native American Connections is a drug-free workplace with safety-sensitive jobs. Use of alcohol and legal or illegal drugs may impair and alter employees' judgement resulting in increased safety risks, workplace injuries, and faulty decision making. Reporting to work at NAC after use of alcohol, a controlled substance, or abuse of any other substance is absolutely prohibited.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT:
This position is considered to be Exempt for overtime pay provisions as provided by the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and any applicable state laws.