Organization: Community Hospital
Category: Respiratory Therapist
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Date Job Posted: November 20, 2020
Share with Others:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides appropriate patient/guest care for respiratory therapy patients per department standards.
- a. Provides appropriate respiratory therapy treatments with protocols including: oxygen therapy, nebulizer treatments, intermittent positive pressure breathing treatments, chest physiotherapy, ventilator management, incentive spirometry, or Sputum induction.
- b. Provides appropriate cardio-pulmonary diagnostics with protocols including: electrocardiograms, cardiac stress testing, Lexiscan (cardiolite), dypridimal (persantine), dobutimine, stress echocardiogram, tilt test, holter scanning, pulmonary function testing, arterial blood sampling and analysis, bronchoscopy assistance, electroencephalograms, home sleep studies, and home nocturnal oximetry’s as required.
2. Documents the patient record per departmental standards.
- a. Documents the treatment, vital signs pre & post treatment, response to therapy, any side effects, and patient/family teaching.
- b. Reviews physician order, review of patient chart including appropriate lab work, diagnostics, consultations, and nursing assessment/notes.
- c. Completes billing in a timely manner, usually within 24 hrs of service.
- d. Documents reporting of critical values in Meditech ABG report indicating to whom and at what time within 30 minutes.
3. Provides appropriate teaching or mentoring to patients, students or other ancillary professionals.
- a. Educate each patient on the action of their pulmonary medications, common side effects, and the reason for taking them. Explain pulmonary diseases when patients inquire.
- b. Communicates with nursing staff the RT evaluation of patients, what may be appropriate respiratory care, and any concerns or instruction for patient safety.
- c. Communicate with other Respiratory Therapists when transferring care all necessary information for continuity of care and patient safety.
- d. Assist in the teaching of students. Share knowledge and insight to improve patient care and/or satisfaction.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent (Associate’s Degree preferred) with at least two (2) years of relevant experience
- Current BLS
- Requires current, unrestricted, Colorado licensure as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- CRT Required. RRT within 2 years. Current BLS. NRP and ACLS preferred.