Organization: UI Health
Category: Nurse Management
Location: Chicago, IL
Date Job Posted: December 14, 2020
Share with Others:
Title: Nurse Manager - Bed Control / Transfer Center (Job ID #128752)
Department: Patient Logistics
Location: UI Health
Shift: Extra Help
Description: (EH. XH MGRL (LCH)
~~A. Work Activities
- Responsible for assisting the Director in ongoing evaluation of best practice, staff competencies, and implementation of best practice measures to ensure deliver of quality patient care.
- Acts as a professional leadership role model.
- Promotes and supports Shared Leadership as the selected method of nursing governance.
- Actively participates in organizational communication processes through timely review and response to electronic and written messages.
- Demonstrates competency of all departmental education, training and IS applications.
- Establishment of regular communication processes with physicians, nurses and management to review current status, variances, resolutions, and programs as needed.
- Participates in the process improvement of patient logistics.
- Participates in developing and implementing quality indicators
- Provides analysis and interpretation of data
- Assists Director in completing performance evaluations of departmental support staff and counsels them as required.
~~A. Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- Current RN licensure in the state of Illinois
- Master’s Degree preferred in Nursing, Hospital Administration, Public Health, or Business. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of five years clinical experience, preferably in an academic health care setting.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in nursing leadership/management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to lead and manage change.
Excellent attendance, interpersonal skills and related work history