Administrator - Population Health
We are looking for an experienced professional who understands the diversity of patient needs and will provide visionary leadership of our Population Health Division Functions including ongoing management and launching of new Neighborhood clinics, Panel Coordinators, Value-focused pharmacy support, contracting committee representation, care coordination, broker relationship management, and develop aligned success metrics. Responsible for leadership and strategic direction of the Population Health department including the management of value-based contracts. Drives the performance of many critical accountable care, patient centered medical home and clinical quality initiatives across the organization.
- Participates in processes to review, analyze and negotiate and implement value-based contracts.
- Responsible for achieving cost and quality metrics designated in value-based contracts.
- Leads and manages Population Health related topics in health plan relationships.
- Develops opportunities to grow community relationships with other population health organized groups and other healthcare partners.
- Develops and manages the annual budgets for Population Health and Medicare at risk lines of business.
- Responsible for hiring, training, motivating and supervising staff.
- Designs data management needs and participates in internal and external solution development.
- Designs, reviews and interprets dashboards and financial reporting designs, in conjunction with Finance.
- Designs clinical programs and solutions to meet the needs of value-based contracts in conjunction with Vancouver Clinic operations leadership.
- Monitors monthly performance reports to track Population Health performance.
- Serves as a local, regional and national knowledge-based resource, often participating in presentations to groups.
- Explores solutions to technology and resource management through vendor review, consulting with national groups.
- As a member of the Leadership Team, assists in the development of strategic initiatives and action plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to participate in strategic vision and decision making.
- Skill at finding and providing solutions that are customized to meet customers’ needs and concerns.
- Ability to apply standardized processes appropriately; continuously improving processes.
- Ability to collaborate with other groups and departments to reach common goals.
- Ability to continuously adapt and contribute to meet growth and market needs of the Clinic.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to prepare for financial statements in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the department's credibility, operations, and services.
- Ability to formulate complex and comprehensive materials such as legal documents, reports, publications and make presentations.
- Ability to hire, develop, and retain best talent through competency-based hiring and selection, career development, and motivational strategies.
Education and Experience
- MHA or MBA required.
- Five or more years of senior-level management experience in the healthcare industry, including extensive population health experience.
- Experience with analytics and technology.
- Experience with health plan contracting, relationship management, and operationalizing value based contacts.
- Experience with value/risk healthcare.
- Experience with vendor selection and management.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.