Seattle Indian Health Board, located in beautiful Seattle, Washington, is a premier healthcare center for Urban American Indians and Alaska Natives. Seattle Indian Health Board leads the way in integrated health and human services through our Indigenous Knowledge Informed Systems of Care which is rooted in traditional practices, and places our Relatives (patients) at the center of our care teams. SIHB has an outstanding opportunity for a Nursing Manager. The Nursing Manager is an integral part of our clinic leadership team and will oversee our team of outstanding RNs and LPNs at our Seattle, Washington clinic. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits. Come join us!
SIHB Core Competencies
Core Competencies are foundational commitments and skills that all SIHB staff are expected to develop. These competencies define common measures for performance that are applied to every role in the organization.
- Commitment to Indigenous and Organizational Values: Everything we do at SIHB is centered on Traditional Indian Medicine. It is our responsibility to maintain cultural integrity in all that we do.
- Accountability: All employees of SIHB effectively manage their own work and the work of their teams. We take ownership of our actions and decisions. We all strive to deliver the highest quality work and care, while respecting our teammates and relatives.
- Collaboration: SIHB is a team-oriented organization. As team members, we share the responsibility of working toward a common purpose. We collaborate with our colleagues across the organization to deliver the highest quality of care and results in alignment with our mission, vision, values and Theory of Change.
- Communication: We practice effective and clear communication with staff, relatives, teams and community. We demonstrate empathy among each other and with those we serve, and transparency in our decision making.
- Customer Service Orientation: All employees of SIHB recognize the needs of the diverse community we serve. We put the needs of our relatives first by delivering the highest quality, professional, responsive, and innovative care. Our relatives come first and deserve the best.
Position Purpose: To supervise the nursing pool, assess capacity and maximize potential to bring RN/LPN performance up to the top of their credentialing. To assist in the creation of patient panels and integrated patient care.
- Personnel development and management, hiring and orientation of new relevant staff
- Systems and policy review and creation, with implementation plans
- Close collaboration with clinical director, medical director, and clinic operations
- Leadership development training
Position's Impact to SIHB:
- Nursing manager and resultant well-defined, efficient nursing pool is critical to optimal clinical operations and quality patient care
- Quality clinical nurse is integral to quality integrated care and optimized patient outcomes.
Education, Experience, Certifications
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Nurse Manager
- Hiring, orientation of new RN/LPN
- Establish and maintain nursing policies, procedures, and roles in clinical care teams
- Establish and maintain monthly nursing schedules
- Take lead on training needs for current staff to optimize full-spectrum care
- Attendance at multidisciplinary meetings as necessary
- Maintenance of compliance for clinic accreditation
- Engagement with QI initiatives and PDSA cycles
- Clinical Nurse
- As defined by job description for SIHB Clinical nurse
- Position is a leadership role, as described above.
- Performance evaluations and annual reviews, remediation if necessary
- Time sheet management
- Assessment of gaps and coordination/recommendation of training opportunities
Required: Minimum of Bachelor’s in nursing, prior experience in managerial role in a clinical setting, personnel management experience.
Work Environment: Office setting with regular schedule and hours. Occasional extended hours may be required. Occasional off-site work at treatment facilities or community kitchen. Occasional travel may be required.
Apply at www.sihb.org