Family Health Centers of San Diego is looking for a dedicated professional to serve in the newly created position of Senior Vice President, Business Development (SVP/BD) responsible for overseeing the expansion efforts of our organization and work with the CEO on large-scale internal and external initiatives. The ideal candidate for the SVP/BD is aligned with the company’s environment and culture, and focuses on fulfilling the company’s mission, vision, and values.
The SVP/BD works with top-level executives to devise strategies and policies to meet the organization's objectives and goals, and reports on the needs of the various departments directly to the CEO and develops reports for the organization’s board of directors.
To be a successful, the SVP/BD should be driven to succeed, have the ability to handle multi-priorities; manage the stress of multiple, concurrent demands; possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and a good steward of the organization’s culture and strong community history. The SVP/BD should be familiar with the inner workings of all departments, and possess in-depth knowledge of government regulations, statutes, and operational practices. Must align expansion efforts with organization’s Mission.
Education, Experience, Certifications
- A minimum of a master’s degree is required in a Business field or a Master of Business Administration. Education may include a marketing or finance degree, if combined with advance degrees in healthcare administration. A nursing or social science degree may be acceptable if combined with an advanced business degree.
The successful candidate for this position must have:
- Demonstrable management skills and extensive managerial experience.
- A minimum of ten to twenty years of progressively responsible experience as a senior healthcare executive in multiple healthcare organizations or progressive movement of responsibility in one healthcare organization is required for this position.
- Demonstrable experience and expertise working at a high level, and coordinating teams on project design and implementation are of paramount importance.
- Held oversight positions for large numbers of employees, directly and indirectly, effectively developing communication systems to facilitate high degree of effectiveness and collaboration.
- Ability to strategically plan and competently execute high priority projects, through coordinating political and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge in site acquisition, demographic studies of socio-economic prevalence, ability to design new programs in geographic locations to better meet organizations’ Mission.
- Experience working strategically with state and national advocacy groups in cultivating legislation to support the health center’s Mission.
- Capital expansion planning and execution experience including system-wide automation efforts and construction planning and project implementation.
- Demonstrable knowledge in the management of electronic systems, familiarity with management of information technology and enterprise development. Able to independently develop proformas.
- Responsible for fostering communication and cooperation among different branches of the company.
- Experience in negotiating managed care contracts, and planning and implementing rate methodologies for cost reporting.
- Experience/knowledge in fund development, governmental relations, human resource management, operational oversight of medical care delivery systems, optimizing the patient experience, creating market share, LEAN implementation and sustainability, master plan development, and strategic planning.
- The successful candidate for the Senior Vice President, Business Development must be self-driven and able to work independently. The SVP/BD must have the ability to discover what needs to be done and the confidence and ability to successfully develop plans and solutions to address identified problems and work with staff/teams to increase efficiencies. The successful candidate must possess good decision-making skills and superb analytical thinking, both critical to developing and implementing business strategies. The SVP/BD needs to be comfortable and adept at multitasking, so to concurrently align the activities and work of hundreds of employees and multiple branches of business.
- The SVP/BD works with top-level executives to devise strategies and policies to meet organizational objectives and goals, and directly to the CEO.
- The successful SVP/BD should be driven to succeed, able to handle multiple demands without stress, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to skillfully engage others. Additionally, s/he must possess a high degree of familiarity with the in-depth workings of different departments, as well as, proficient knowledge on rules and government regulations, governing statutes and oversight entities, accreditation and licensing requirements.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are essential in fulfilling the demands of this position.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; team-working abilities; decision-making skills; and the stamina and emotional intelligence/maturity for the demands of a high-energy position.
Responsibilities of the President /Chief Operations Officer
- Working in a team with top-level executives to devise acquisition, merger, expansion strategies to meet company goals; strong emphasis on integration of automation and technology with and throughout all projects.
- Knowledge of expansion needs of various departments.
- Managing acquisition budgets, hiring and contracting, contract and business negotiations.
- Coordinating inter-departmental activities and delegating responsibilities to subordinates.
- Compiling performance reports and reporting to the CEO, for reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Ensures compliance with all laws, government regulations, related statutes, and enforces adherence with standards of oversight entities such as DHCS, CDPH, DOJ, OIG, DHHS, BPHC, FTCA, NHSC, etc.
- Represents company; develops key external contacts to assist in achieving the goals of FHCSD.
- Focuses on consensus building efforts and strategic planning.
- Monitors company financial and operational performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions, and minimizing the impact of variances.
- Increases revenues and income through proactive attainment of contracts, cost management, fund development, expansion opportunities, and innovative leveraging.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
To the CEO
To apply please send CV and cover letter to Sean Dugan - Recruitment Manager - Seandu@fhcsd.org - Please include "Senior Vice President, Business Development" in the subject line.