Position Title: Assistant Director of Nursing
Position Summary: Responsible for coordinating and evaluating high quality healthcare services in accordance with the NNHSC healthcare guidelines. Responsible for overseeing the clinical operation of the health centers.
Follows role assignments that are in alignment with the Patient Centered Medical Home Standards, and participate in all Patient Centered Medical Home efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the implementation of quality and uniform patient care procedures throughout the clinical areas.
- Supervises in-service education process for all clinical support staff.
- Supervises and evaluates the patient tracking procedures for all clinical areas.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in managing clinical services to optimize patient convenience, confidentiality and dignity.
- Prepares yearly goals and objectives.
- Assists with updating nursing policies, methods & procedures.
- Serves as a role model for the clinical department. Ensures that the clinic patient flow functions at its optimum capacity at all times.
- Ensures clinical staff maintains confidentiality and patient dignity.
- Ensures NNHSC policies and procedures are current, updated and followed by clinical staff.
- Exercises responsibility for NNHSC nursing staff scheduling, lab, medical supply management and x-ray personnel.
- Orients, evaluates and disciplines staff
- Assists in coordination of nursing staff training, as well as orientation for newly hired clinical support staff.
- Coordinates staff annual competency training.
- Ensures proper maintenance and upkeep of all clinical equipment & supplies needed to render quality patient service.
- Submits monthly reports to the Director of Nursing.
- Assist with the preparation and monitoring of the clinical department’s budget throughout the year.
- Coordinates the clinical staff’s involvement in the Quality Assurance Program.
- Participates in community health education programs.
- Responds to patients questions, concerns or requests via phone or electronically in a timely manner
- Exhibits excellent professional customer service at all times
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and promotes customer relations standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Health Service Administration, Nursing or equivalent. Current Illinois State License as Registered Nurse Three years of supervisory experience in a clinical support area. Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to cooperate well with others.
Required Licensure and/or Certification:
Supervision: Supervises Nursing Clinical Staff.
Other Requirements: Some Saturday Hours, evening hours and/or may be required to work at a different site.
Please submit resume and cover letter including desired salary to: