Mental Health Center of Denver
Our work enables adults to live more fulfilling and productive lives, children to be more resilient, and families to be happier and healthier.
Through multiple community sites, mental health providers in several Denver public schools, collaborations with community partnerships and home-based outreach, we provide treatment, prevention, outreach and crisis services to children, families and adults.
The Mental Health Center of Denver has been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post nine years in a row! We believe that people are resilient - they can and do recover from mental illness. At the Mental Health Center of Denver, we hire people dedicated to working toward that goal.
Our generous benefits package starts at 30 hours per week. Some of the benefits include:
- Retirement match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free RTD EcoPass (bus/light rail)
We are currently recruiting the following key position
Real Estate Project Manager
at Mental Health Center of Denver - All External Jobs (View all jobs)
Recovery Center - Denver
Employment Value Proposition: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
POSITION SUMMARY: The role of the real estate project manager is to ensure capital projects at the Mental Health Center of Denver are successfully completed on time and within budget. Develops plans for each capital project that includes: an outline of the objectives, scope requirements, resources needed, schedule/timeline, budget, dependencies, and risk assessment. Engages and manages third party vendors/contractors are performing services to specifications and requirements related to the real estate capital projects.
STARTING SALARY: $55,000 - $65,000 per year
Mental Health Center of Denver is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages all facets of project management (project scope, budget, schedule, logistics, procurement, quality, and risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy, and closeout. Understands the dependencies within the scope of work and recognizes potential areas of risk and develops appropriate contingencies.
- Interfaces directly with stakeholders to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate and budget, work plan schedule and milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Manage vendor and project team performance to ensure compliance with contractual requirements, all regulating entities and stakeholder expectations.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep stakeholders and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
- Maintain accurate and consistent files and documentation. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely, and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, and approved timelines. Reports status, and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality, and risk.
- Demonstrates ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation, and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in real estate development, construction management, urban planning, architecture, business and/or finance and minimum three years paid work experience in real estate development or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project management experience with small to medium sized renovation and development projects.
- Experience with governmental entitlement and permitting process.
- Experience defining project scope, preparing, and managing budgets and schedules.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrates capability to read and understand standard to moderately complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to; agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, surveys, and architectural and engineering drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and prioritize responsibilities and manage multiple projects to consistently meet project schedules and budgets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Proactive and takes initiative.
- Demonstrated leadership, responsiveness, and accountability.
- Excellent time management skills.
- General knowledge of architectural and engineering plans.
- Ability to consult with and build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be flexible to changing priorities.
- Operates with a sense of urgency, quickly responding to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to a variety of audiences, including, but not limited to; stakeholders, executive leadership, architects, contractors, vendors, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proficiency with Microsoft Project or other project management software a plus.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone, and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending, and reaching. May require lifting to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours. Work may be performed both inside and outdoors.