Position Title: Associate Director of Outpatient Imaging
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Department Name: Outpatient Imaging
FLSA Code: Exempt
To enjoy successful employment with TRA Medical Imaging you must exhibit a strong work ethic and conduct yourself with honesty and integrity in all aspects of the position. One must be able to efficiently conduct business while honoring our core values of Compassionate Care, Accountability & Integrity, Respect and Excellent Service all while keeping the Patient as the central focus. Accuracy, professionalism, thoroughness and compliance with departmental and company expectations are requirements of all positions. Listening to, and understanding the needs of, the patient are paramount. Develop collaborative problem-solving solutions as appropriate. Deliver our products and services in a way that reflect the company’s mission, values, and guiding principle. Continuously behave in a manner that contributes to our culture of High Trust.
The purpose of the Associate Director of Outpatient Imaging role is to support Outpatient Imaging operations, under the direction of the COO. Monitors, evaluates, and modifies programs in support of overall business goals, while adhering to company guidelines and standards. Supports the development and implementation of the company’s strategic plans and policies. This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of site operations including performance management; accreditation; budget; volumes; patient, referring physician and employee satisfaction; and environment of care. They will also focus on patient flow and equipment maintenance working in conjunction with leadership. They directly supervise a team of Site Operations Supervisors to ensure that overall, the clinic workflows and patient care are standardized according to corporate mission and goals. Partner with other operational leaders to assure consistency and efficiency across the enterprise. This position requires individual to have the ability to interact effectively with physicians, clinical staff, management, and vendors. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Familiar with variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. This position reports to the COO
Essential Job Functions:
- In conjunction with leadership, directs of the operations of diagnostic imaging to meet the clinical needs of physicians, staff and members across the service line.
- Leads the operations of outpatient sites by identifying operational and clinical issues.
- Promotes and creates a culture of trust and accountability in support of delivering the highest level of patient care
- Troubleshoots, develops action plans, and executes such plans for continuous quality improvements.
- Develop and streamline workflows.
- Supports and oversees effective change management and project management implementation within the outpatient sites.
- Collaborate effectively across departments and sites within the organization.
- Establishes and directs the strategic long-term goals, policies and procedures for the outpatient sites.
- Acts as primary advocate and advisor for the Outpatient Sites’ successful delivery of service to referral sources.
- Works in a collaborative and supportive manner with other Site Directors, Site Operations Supervisors, Modality Specialists, and Executive Leadership. Works closely with the Sites’ Medical Director, the radiologists and the entire administrative team to insure successful operations.
- Identifies issues and opportunities within the site’s service modalities, and makes recommendations regarding these opportunities. Demonstrates planning and communication skills necessary to implement.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency with information systems including RIS/PACS applications.
- Recommends and oversees the site’s facility improvements including construction, renovation and purchase of equipment.
- Demonstrates coaching and personnel development skills. Garners support and respect of the site’s personnel. Ability to interface appropriately with personnel throughout TRA and related entities.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and standards of performance for quality care.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep pace with the trends in health care administration.
- Interacts, resolves and appropriately documents any concerns received from patients and/or referring provider offices.
- Leads team of Site Operations Supervisors responsible for daily site operations. Coaches and develops leaders.
- Works in a collaborative and supportive manner with the Modality Specialists to ensure assignment of duties of technical workers to maintain patient flow and achieve site and company goals. Makes recommendations for enhancing efficiencies and patient satisfaction. Ensures accreditation is maintained for all imaging modalities.
- Serves as point of contact for radiologists to relate performance concerns of any imaging staff.
- Implements and monitors safety measures to ensure safety of patients and staff and compliance with government regulatory requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality of all center and patient information at all times, as required by facility policy and HIPAA guidelines.
- Follow the center exposure controls plan for blood borne and airborne pathogens.
- Participates in committees as needed.
- Check work e-mail daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Medical group practice or hospital medical quality experience required
- Experience in a role overseeing multiple sites and supervising/mentoring/coaching junior leaders is desired
- Experience leading cultural change is required
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or related field preferred. Advanced degree and/or equivalent 8 years related experience.
- Position will require local travel to multiple imaging sites. Must have valid driver’s license, insurance and vehicle.
- Requires effective oral and written skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and carry out instructions effectively.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information, situations, and documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines, self-motivated.
- A leader who actively inspires others to work towards common goals, while supporting the personal growth of others and their self
- A systems thinker who is able to see the “big picture” while still ensuring the functioning of the various components.
- A history of bringing solutions to the business in a proactive manner.
- Skilled at developing staff to their full potential, encouraging personal growth, and ensuring that the appropriate people and skill sets are available to the organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of technologies applicable in a clinically focused organization.
- Ability to interact effectively with physicians, clinical staff, management, and vendors.
- An inquisitive and tenacious nature, eager to learn and willing to drive innovation
- Effective change management and project management skills.
- A team player, with the ability to bring new ideas to the team and to openly and regularly share knowledge with the team.
- Demonstrated ability to abstract pertinent information, reach sound conclusions, use good judgment in a variety of situations and using various sources including financial and/or operational reports.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Communicate professionally with other medical facilities, patients, and customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and carry out instructions effectively.
Work is classified as sedentary in physical requirements. Requires the ability to lift/carry 1-5 pounds frequently, occasionally 10 pounds maximum.
Work requires high attention to detail and the ability to handle mentally stressful situations. The ability to maintain high level of sensitivity towards confidential information is also required.
Work environment consists of normal office or administrative working conditions. There may be exposure to communicable diseases. There will be limited exposure to ionizing radiation.