Family Practice/Internal Medicine Physician MD/DO
Elica Health Centers are committed to providing quality health care, emphasizing prevention, wellness, health education, and disease management, which improve community health outcomes. We serve the needs of low-income, multi-ethnic populations throughout the greater Sacramento area, particularly immigrant communities.
The Physician is primarily responsible for providing quality medical care to assigned patients of Elica Health Centers in the outpatient setting, conducting physical examinations; making diagnoses and prescribing medical and rehabilitative treatment. He/she participates in call coverage, quality assurance activities and staff meetings.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive medical services to Center patients consistent with specialty scope of practice in a community clinic environment, including taking appropriate health history, performing physical exams, developing differential diagnoses, completing medical work-up, performing or ordering appropriate lab, imaging, and other tests, prescribing, and implementing appropriate therapy according to standard medical practice.
- Obtain appropriate consults when problems presented are outside the scope of practice or area of expertise or when unfamiliar with a particular aspect of the patient’s care.
- Facilitate transfer of care to other clinicians when religious or personal beliefs interfere with the clinician’s ability to offer full care options.
- Provide oral and written health education to Center patients and their families and answer questions, and work closely with other clinic staff that provide these services to assure the provision of appropriate education and information, including follow-up, for clients.
- Maintain productivity standards in order to sustain fiscal viability while maintaining high quality medical care.
- Answer messages and sign off on clinical reports (consults, lab, x-rays, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Complete legible and legally defensible medical records in a timely manner on a daily basis.
- Complete and submit all billing in an agreed upon timely manner.
- Attend continuing education programs and provide evidence of necessary education completion to upgrade medical skills and maintain licensing requirements.
- Offer cultural and linguistically appropriate services to a diverse and often socioeconomically challenged population.
- Candidate must be board certified or eligible in Internal or Family Medicine
- Fully licensed to practice in the state of California with no restrictions
- Current DEA certificate.
- Current BLS
- Several years of FQHC or community health center practice experience preferred.
- Russian, Farsi, Pashto/Pushto or Spanish speaking preferred
The work environment is characteristic of a medical clinic environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle or feel. The employee is also required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must also possess hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the phone. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a current and valid California driver’s license and the ability to provide proof of personal auto insurance on the vehicle driven during working hours.
- If selected for an employment opportunity with Elica Health Centers, external hires must provide proof of immunizations (Hepatitis B, MMR, Varicella & Tetanus), tuberculosis clearance, and proof of COVID-19 vaccination status* prior to their scheduled start date. Please be advised that this position is subject to criminal background investigation and drug screen.
*Elica Health Centers is a healthcare facility that adheres to the mandates issued by the California Department of Public Health including the recent orders regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered.
- Medical: Two options with Kaiser or Western Health Advantage
- HRA Plan: Company funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help pay for out-of-pocket costs related to medical coverage
- FSA Plans: Elica offers 2 options for Flexible Spending Accounts - Health Care FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Dental: Kansas City Life DPPO
- Vision: VSP Choice Network
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance – Company paid
- Supplemental Life and AD&D options
- Sick time, Vacation and Paid Holidays.
- 403B retirement savings account with up to 4% employer matching contribution and 100% immediate vesting.
- Employee Assistance Plan with five (5) free counseling visits, financial services, legal services, and a plethora of online resources.
- Tuition Reimbursement program and CME/CEU program.