Associate Chief Nursing Officer- Nursing Education & Professional Development
Independence, Ohio, United States
req # 133867
Location Independence, Ohio
Facilities Independence Family Hlth Ctr
Professional Area Nursing Leadership
Department 2713 Nursing Operations-Nursing Institute
Schedule Full Time
Leads nursing education and professional development across the health system, including responsibility of nursing orientation, onboarding, nurse residency and continuing education. Provides leadership and coordination of nursing education, skill competency, ongoing professional development and nursing leadership development. Serves as the liaison between academic partners and the organization. Additional responsibilities include development of specialty residency programs, unlicensed personnel onboarding, virtual and skill based competencies, simulation, AHA programming, nursing student and faculty coordination.
- Develops all programming for nursing education including onboarding of registered nurses and unlicensed support caregivers
- Leads the design and implementation of assigned business plans related to pipeline programs for future nurses
- Creates a continuous improvement environment promoting nurse professional development opportunities (including certification, professional career ladder & career progression)
- Measures actual budgetary performance against standards and ensures variances are within established targets.
- Collaborates with executive hospital management as a key member of education committees
- Serves as the liaison between education institute leaders and nursing leadership
- Promotes and operationalizes inter-professional education
- Strategizes and implements academic practice partnerships
- Works collaboratively with IRD to grow donor support for innovative education programming
- relocation assistance available
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSN required.
- Master's in Nursing, required. (Education preferred, will consider other graduate degrees based on relation to responsibilities of role)
- Registered Nurse (RN) in the current State.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive leadership roles within a large academic healthcare system.
- Working knowledge of nursing education standards, competencies and national trends (AACN, NCSBN, NLN, etc.)
- Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Must be available and able to attend both early morning and evening meetings at multi- hospital sites and drive to multiple locations.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.