Behavioral Health · Phoenix, Arizona
*We require COVID-19 Vaccination for employment. Medical and Religious accommodations available upon review.
Oversees the referral, eligibility, screening and intake processes within the Integrated Health Department of Native American Connections (NAC). Maintains professional working relationships with numerous behavioral health and social service agencies for the purpose of referring clients in/out of NAC programs. Supervision of positions that directly service clients from walk in or receipt of referral through the intake/assessment process. Ensures positive client experience and removes any access to care barriers within our control.
- Manages all existing Medicaid, tribal and IHS contracts while creating additional new relationships with other referral entities for development of new contracts.
- Ensures all incoming referrals (by fax, email and phone calls/walk ins) are responded and processed efficiently and expeditiously
- Oversees the screening of referrals for necessary clinical information and schedules clients for assessments as quickly as possible.
- Accomplishes high residential bed occupancy by implementing and overseeing procedures around daily re-structuring of priority clients into treatment; identifying and monitoring potential problem clerical or system practices; thinking strategically in order to remove barriers to timely referral processing, assessment completion and residential admission.
- Approves/signs off on all clinical documentation to ensure timely, comprehensive and accurate clinical documentation is completed by Assessor staff.
- Oversees submission of prior authorizations for residential programs including any follow up as needed to resolve authorization and claims related issues.
- Selects, orients, trains, coaches, counsels and holds staff accountable; communicates job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation for Assessors and Admissions/Intake staff.
- Supports front desk with flow of referral review and care coordination
- Tracks all referrals to ensure timely assessments are offered and completed. In the event that a client is outreached and does not engage, client chart is closed.
- Meets admissions operational standards by contributing information to the leadership team; implementing production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Maximizes revenue by tracking referral and payer sources; recommending potential opportunities; preventing revenue-reducing clerical and coding errors.
- Responsible for providing a positive customer experience including implementation of client centered processes while removing any/all possible access to care barriers.
- Provides and documents regular supervision to staff per NAC policy
- Markets programs and facilities by providing informational brochures, answering questions, and conducting tours
- Maintains strong working and referral relationships with all existing contractors and collaborators; potential contractors and other numerous community and referral agencies.
- Assures accuracy of client data and fiscal information by conducting and completing regular audits of previous day's client data and fiscal information including demographics
- Monitors referring trends by maintaining various categories of statistical data for utilization within internal reporting systems.
- Collaborates with Senior Director of Integrated Health on business development and contracts.
- May provide direct clinical services within Outpatient Clinic as needed.
- Support and actively engage in practices of inclusion through Cultural and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) Standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Interpersonal Communication
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Screening and Assessment
- Care Planning and Care Coordination
- Quality of Work/Intervention
- Cultural Competence and Adaptation
- Systems Oriented Practice (Work Efficiency/ Punctuality/Attendance)
- Practice-Based Learning and Quality Improvement
- Professional Behavior- Attitude/Enthusiasm
- Master’s Degree in behavioral health or related field;
- AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners Independent License required
WORK EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIREMENT:
- Previous supervisory experience (minimum of 2 years)
- Ability to multi-task with a high energy level
- MS Office proficiency
- Familiar with screening and assessment tools that pertain to substance use, depression, and other behavioral health issues
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors, and vendors
- Ability to create and maintain a safe and effective environment for our clients and staff
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in working with the Native American population preferred
- Must demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team approach
- Fingerprint Clearance card required
- Bilingual- Spanish preferred
- Requires strong managerial and leadership skills
- Requires strong clinical skills
- Knowledgeable about the economic, educational and social challenges of Native Americans
- ble to sit, stand walk with/ without accommodations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE: Preference is given to qualified Native American Applicants in accordance with the Indian Preference Act. If claiming a preference, a copy of valid documentation will be necessary.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Native American Connections is a drug-free workplace with safety-sensitive jobs. Use of alcohol and legal or illegal drugs may impair and alter employees' judgement resulting in increased safety risks, workplace injuries, and faulty decision making. Reporting to work at NAC after use of alcohol, a controlled substance, or abuse of any other substance is absolutely prohibited.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT:
This position is considered to be Exempt for overtime pay provisions as provided by the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and any applicable state laws.