Our work enables adults to live more fulfilling and productive lives, children to be more resilient, and families to be happier and healthier.
Through multiple community sites, mental health providers in several Denver public schools, collaborations with community partnerships and home-based outreach, we provide treatment, prevention, outreach and crisis services to children, families and adults.
WellPower has been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post nine years in a row! We believe that people are resilient - they can and do recover from mental illness. At WellPower, we hire people dedicated to working toward that goal.
Our generous benefits package starts at 30 hours per week. Some of the benefits include:
- Retirement match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free RTD EcoPass (bus/light rail)
We are currently recruiting the following key position
Human Resources Business Partner - 3 Openings!
STARTING SALARY: $76,600 - $91,100/year
POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources Business Partner role contributes to company performance by providing tactical and strategic consulting on people and organization development strategies in support of the business objectives. Performs HR related duties at the professional level while supporting more than one business unit(s). Will carry out responsibilities in the following areas: talent acquisition; employee relations consultation; policy interpretation and application, union contract consultation, performance and compensation management consultation; and talent management consultation. May carry out additional responsibilities to include organizational design; employee development initiatives and training.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Provides influence and guidance to business units through developing partnerships to support achieving business objectives within the assigned employee populations.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance and provides appropriate consultation and recommendations.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations. Maintains accurate and complete documentation of employee counseling/investigations.
- Coaches managers within respective business units, and coordinates and attends with unemployment hearings. Provides the unemployment hearing officer with appropriate documentation to represent MHCD’s interests at the initial and appeal hearings.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Appropriately interprets and provides guidance to line managers on HR policies, procedures, and contracts.
- Ensures appropriate credentialing for new hires, promotions, and transfers and offers.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Assists employees in HR related matters.
- Delivers key HR initiatives across the HR spectrum, including workforce planning, restructuring, resourcing, talent management, pay and reward, employee relations, employee engagement and performance management, succession planning.
- Ensures key stakeholders are informed / consulted on relevant changes such as staff changes, restructures, and reorganizations, etc.
- Plans and oversees projects or activity that supports the delivery of HR and departmental strategies and objectives; working with third party providers to ensure that services meet business needs and are delivered to agreed standards and timescales.
- Develops and maintain good relations (informal and formal) with the recognized union and support negotiations where necessary.
- Directs and support the HR Director and Vice President in their duties to support the delivery of the HR strategy.
- Monitors and supports HR activity to ensure the terms of the collective bargaining agreement are being met. Addressing HR related business continuity issues.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, management, business, project management, or related field.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or Professional in Human Resources (PHR)/Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Proficiency with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), preferably Greenhouse.
- Proficiency with HRIS systems preferably UltiPro or UKG.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, full-cycle talent acquisition, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of analytical ability.
- Commercial and cultural awareness, with high sensitivity to the social, economic and political environment.
- HR Strategy skills – Performance, Employee Relations, Reward, Talent, Learning and Development, Resourcing, Organizational Development, etc.
- Ability to coach, train, and implement best practices to assigned business unit(s).
- Ability to manage high volumes of work, execute flawlessly, and understand HR processes.
- High customer focus. Builds trusting and collaborative relationships with business leaders and HR Team.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Ability to lead and manage change.
- Excellent interpersonal, people management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as possessing proficient computer skills.
- Ability to collaboratively engage leaders to create, identify, and implement solutions to further the effectiveness of the business.
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
- Relevant HR experience (generalist or specialist) gained in large complex organization(s) with multiple stakeholders (including matrix relationships) preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant Human Resources issues and trends and evidence of continuing professional development; SHRM certification preferred.
- Extensive experience of operating in a business partner model, working with managers to create positive business outcomes.
- Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, relational databases, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.