Primary Care Service Line Director
Location: Wenatchee, Washington
Building: Mares Bldg
Department Name: Internal Medicine
Schedule: Full-Time; Exempt
Job Code: PCD13602
Hours Per Pay Period: 80
Req ID: 7981
Located in the heart of Washington, we enjoy open skies, snow-capped mountains, and the lakes and rivers of the high desert. We are the proud home of orchards, farms, and small communities. Confluence Health actively supports the communities we serve and their quality of life through our community support program and through our individual efforts as involved community members.
Full Time Employees of Confluence Health receive a wide range of benefits in addition to compensation.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Health Saving Accounts
- CH Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off
- Generous Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Gym Membership Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Shift Differential
For more information on our Benefits & Perks, click here!
The Service Line Director oversees the operations of the assigned areas of the service lines, ensuring a vision and strategy for future growth. Partners with physician managers to implement and manage all aspects of the medical practice to support the strategic initiatives of Confluence Health. This position promotes high levels of satisfaction with patients, providers and staff through proactively addressing concerns through meaningful measures and interventions.
Position Reports To: Reports to Vice President of Primary Care.
- Create new models, or continue operationalization of delivery & services for assigned primary care services that include, but are not limited to:
- Focuses clinical efforts to achieve best practice benchmarks in above areas.
- Develops and completes comprehensive program-specific situation analysis at least annually, including market share, competitive assessment, utilization, profitability, referral channels/market potential, working collaboratively with Marketing and Organizational Development.
- Directs the operations of assigned primary care services throughout the Confluence Health organization.
- Coordinates closely with Directors, Managers and services across the organization to achieve program goals.
- Establishes strong partnership and collaborative working relationship with physicians, APC’s and other team members.
- Represent Family assigned primary care services to the community, ensuring the provision of innovative community-based education and services.
- Develops vision for practice and executes plans to achieve vision.
- Manages and coaches Manager, front office and clinical staff.
- Conducts the formal review process for each direct report and makes recommendations for wage adjustments.
- Disciplines and terminates employees as required in consultation with the HR Director.
- Conducts regular staff meetings.
- Remains accessible to listen to, converse with, advise and counsel staff in a confidential manner. Serves as a primary resource in solving employee work-related problems and helping employees perform to their potential.
- Problem solves and addresses issues raised by physicians, employees, and patients.
- Interviews and hires staff to fill vacated and new positions.
- Mentors and supervises Practice Managers when assigned.
- Profit and Loss responsibility for the service line, including revenue, expenses and budgeting.
- Develops and manages all functions within a specific service line.
- Develops goals and objectives and operational policies and procedures.
- Notes process trends, variances, and problem areas and manages to Key Performance Indicators.
- Manages the flow of the practice to ensure compliance, access, efficiency and patient satisfaction.
- Establishes effective strategies for programs and product/service line with the goal of increasing market share.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and directs the work of others, including managers in other departments not directed by the service line.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist in the service line.
- Establishes regular contact with each practice physician and develops a working rapport.
- Assures that physicians receive all pertinent information concerning policies, procedures, events, and state of affairs.
- Assists with recruitment and retention of provider staff.
- Supports and promotes a positive image of the practice outside the organization.
- Monitors patient feedback and contributes to the process of resolving patient complaints and service issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
For employees working on site at any CH location, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is an essential requirement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Healthcare or related area.
- Six years relevant leadership experience.
- Current Confluence Health employees: Three years of relevant leadership experience with CHVS Leader Certification.
- Proficiency within the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Must obtain Confluence Health Value System (CHVS), Leader Certification within one year of hire or promotion.
- Must maintain primary residence in the Confluence Health service area
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration or MBA.
- Previous experience with collective bargaining.
- Lean Certification/trained.
- Proficiency with Epic EHR.
O = Occasional, represents 1 to 25% or up to 30 minutes in a 2 hour workday.
F = Frequent, represents 26 to 50% or up to 1 hour of a 2 hour workday.
C = Continuous, represents 51% to 100% or up to 2 hours of a 2 hour workday.
Physical/Sensory Demands For This Position:
- Walking – F
- Sitting/Standing - F
- Reaching: Shoulder Height - O
- Reaching: Above shoulder height - O
- Reaching: Below shoulder height - O
- Climbing - O
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds or less - O
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - O
- Pulling/Pushing: Over 50 pounds - O
- Lifting: 25 pounds or less - O
- Lifting: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - O
- Lifting: Over 50 pounds - O
- Carrying: 25 pounds or less - O
- Carrying: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - O
- Carrying: Over 50 pounds - O
- Crawling/Kneeling - O
- Bending/Stooping/Crouching - O
- Twisting/Turning - O
- Repetitive Movement - F
- Work is done throughout a specific clinical/reception area of the building. Some work areas may be small, crowded, and confined. Job requires both working closely with others and working alone. Hours can vary from a normal schedule and overtime may be required. Stressful working conditions do exist.
- FLSA: Exempt
- Hourly/Salary: Salary
Physical Exposures For This Position:
- Unprotected Heights - No
- Heat - No
- Cold - No
- Mechanical Hazards - Not specified
- Hazardous Substances - Not specified
- Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Potential - No
- Lighting - Not specified
- Noise - Not specified
- Ionizing/Non-Ionizing Radiation - Not specified
- Infectious Diseases - Not specified