Job Code: 2022-368
Summary of Responsibilities:
The registered nurse (RN) is responsible for the provision of nursing services and the coordination of physician/medical services to all residential students. This includes but is not limited to:
- The initial and ongoing assessment of behavioral/health needs, the facilitation of medical interventions,
- Maintains of all residential policies and procedures associated with health care delivery.
- Acts as the liaison between the Medical Director, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, professional contract staff, and the direct care providers.
- Adheres to standards and regulations as set forth by the agency, The Joint Commission and OCS licensing and maintains Performance Improvement Activities for these services.
- Abides by all safety rules and regulations of the facility.
- The responsibilities of the RN are carried out according to the AK Child & Family policies, mission and philosophy of care.
*All positions at AK Child & Family may have responsibilities altered during the course of employment due to agency imperatives.
All employees with AK Child & Family are required to be in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid COVID vaccine mandate. The mandate requires that by 2/14/22, staff at all health care facilities must have received their first dose of a 2-shot series (Moderna or Pfizer, currently) or a single dose of a 1-shot vaccine (Johnson and Johnson, currently) with the exception of those that have sought and been granted an exemption to the COVID mandate. Staff must complete this step before they can provide any care, treatment or other services for the facility and/or its patients. By 3/15/22, all staff with the exception of those that have sought and been granted an exemption to the COVID mandate, must complete the primary vaccination series.
- Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, & Vision – with HRA!
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Group Life and AD&D
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - 13 hours/month in 1st year and then increases
- 2 Floating Holidays/year
- 6 Observed Holidays: double-time pay for working on the Holiday
- Bonuses: Longevity & Referral
- Educational Support Program
- 3% pay increase after successful completion of 6-month Intro Period.
- Annual raises are based on the annual budget and not guaranteed each year.
Relief positions are also available.
Supervision and Coordination of Services:
- The RN is supervised by the Chief Clinical Officer, with medical supervision provided by the Medical Director.
- The RN collaborates with all other disciplines through interdisciplinary teamwork and assigned committee responsibilities.
- The RN is a member of the Residential Services department and coordinates health care delivery with all members of the treatment team.
- The RN adheres to the professional ethics of the American Nursing Association.
- The RN collaborates and coordinates services with all AK Child & Family staff and outside professional contractors via established committees and performance improvement activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- The RN must have the ability to relate to and have experience in working with emotionally disturbed children/adolescents.
- Experience with this population in a psychiatric or residential setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis, assessment and use of psychotropic medications is also preferred.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills are essential as is the ability to work on an interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Skills associated with sensitivity to serving culturally diverse populations are preferred.
- This position requires the ability to participate in a rotating on call system for evenings and weekends.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
- Two years experience working with emotionally disturbed children/adolescents is preferred as is experience in a residential setting.
- The RN will use a vehicle to access AK Child & Family campuses for work related activities and produce all documentation required for driving.
- The RN will perform computer data input and report preparation.
- The RN will work with file cabinets up to 55" in height and copy machines up to 44" in height.