Willamette Vital Health - Hospice Care
Tokarski Home, Hospice Aide (Overnight shift)
We are currently looking for a Certified Nursing Assistant /Hospice Aide to work in our Tokarski Home located in NW Salem, Oregon. When receiving hospice care in one's own home is not an option, Willamette Vital Health - Hospice Care (WVH) offers the Edward F. Tokarski Home for our hospice patients who need a place to call home in their final months of life. The Home is a Class 3 adult foster home and is licensed by the state of Oregon. Individualized care is provided for up to five residents who are patients of WVH Hospice Care.
Why work for us? Our employee Horacio G. says it best - “The working environment is a fast paced, challenging and very rewarding. This is more than just a job, it is a calling!"
Successful candidates must be available to work full-time or part-time for the following shifts:
Monday thru Thursday, 11:00 PM to 8:00 am, or
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 7:00 pm to 7:00 am
A sign-on bonus of $2,500 will be paid for full-time hires and a $1,250 sign-on bonus for part-time hires over 20 hrs per week.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Provides personal care services to Tokarski Home residents under the supervision of the RN Clinical Manager.
- Reports changes in resident condition to a Registered Nurse
- Assists in the development of individualized care plans, medication management and charting for each resident.
- Assists with food preparation for hospice home residents when necessary.
- Assists with necessary housekeeping to always provide quality environment for residents.
- Respecting the dignity, comfort, and privacy of the resident, performs the following procedures: Bathing, shampooing, skin and nail care, oral hygiene, toileting and elimination, normal range of motion and positioning, vital signs, safe transfer, and ambulation techniques, feeding and fluids, use of adaptive devices.
- Work responsibilities frequently concern confidential and /or sensitive information requiring the use of discretion always Demonstrates respect and caring (compassion, customer relations, professional behavior, confidentiality; maintains resident and staff confidentiality.
- Ability to function in high stress situations and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrates initiative (self-motivation, takes on projects willingly, acts on opportunities to improve, contributes new ideas).
- Performs other procedures as assigned or delegated.
- Assists with medication management and charts according to agency guidelines.
- Communicates effectively and respectfully.
- Identifies and communicates needs of resident and family appropriately.
- Maintains established infection control and aseptic practices as outlined in policy and procedure and clinical guidelines.
- Must demonstrate computer literacy.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of current Oregon CNA license- may have LPN.
- Three (3) years of full-time experience providing direct care to adults who are older or adults with physical disabilities and who require full assistance in four or more activities of daily living.
- Completion of Adult Foster Home Caregiver training and test preferred.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19.
- Must have current Oregon driver's license, dependable transportation, and proof of current automobile insurance.
- Home setting with the capacity of five (5) patients.
- Physical requirements include patient lifting, transferring, and repositioning and other home duties like house cleaning, laundry, and meal preparation.
- May involve climbing stairs, working in small spaces, and coping with challenging residents or family members at times.
Our Commitment to Our Staff
- Excellent Health and Life benefits (must work 30 hrs to receive health benefits)
- 401k Plan
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Comprehensive, 4 to 6-week orientation
- A challenging and rewarding career with autonomy and flexibility
- Ongoing education and support
Willamette Vital Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. We promote an environment that honors our staff, patients, and those we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, physical characteristics, age, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or veteran status. All qualified candidates legally able to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.
As a first step, resumes can be submitted to Careers@wvh.org. Interviews will be scheduled concurrent with posting.
Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Willamette Vital Health. We are a community owned, not-for-profit organization providing innovative, personalized, and compassionate care to patients and families facing serious illness. Our mission to serve those who are facing end of life and grief is driven by our core values of service, excellence, integrity, community, and sustainability.