Director of Technical Operations and Security
Kern Family Health Care, 2900 Buck Owens Blvd., Bakersfield, California, United States of America Req #1843
We appreciate your interest in our organization and assure you that we are sincerely interested in your qualifications. A clear understanding of your background and work history will help us potentially place you in a position that meets your objectives and those of the organization. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, or any related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, gender expression, military status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability (mental or physical).
Our Mission. Kern Health Systems is dedicated to improving the health status of our members through an integrated managed health care delivery system.
This position is responsible for assisting the Chief Information Officer in the Infrastructure Architecture, Maintenance, Operations, and Security for Kern Health Systems to maintain a reliable computing environment (99.99% system uptime goal) which delivers quality processes, controls, and system support to the company. The Director will have primary oversight for the following technical disciplines: Technology Infrastructure Team (Systems, Network, Telecommunications); Help Desk; and Information Security (InfoSec). The Director of Technical Operations and Security is responsible for implementation and maintenance of the underlying technical network and systems architecture; roadmaps; implementation of new technology and systems; operational alignment and execution; establishing process, technology, and security standards; technical and security audits; and project management. The incumbent will bridge gap that naturally exist between business and technology by leveraging demonstrated operational knowledge of Managed Care while staying abreast of current information technology trends. This position requires an individual with a strong technical background, as well as an ability to work across all levels of management to align priorities and plans with key business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strong technical experience with operationally aligned technical strategies, designs, and implementation approaches and the ability to execute work while leveraging multidisciplinary technology and business teams.
- Strategize and lead analytical and critical thinking session to identify or evaluate root cause with the goal of defining and implementing proposed changes through process design with cause and effect on overall holistic systems.
- Perform Project Manager (PM) duties i.e., create project schedules; release plans; work breakdown structure (WBS); facilitate continuous decomposition session through planning sessions; build resource plans; establish project budgets and monitor expense; all while driving for timely project completion.
- Provide organizational leadership in making effective and efficient use of financial resources through business and financial plans, and ability to implement standard practices in business administration, management, human resources, and the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Accountable for the organizations technical infrastructure to include the hyperconverged data center; hypervisor and virtual machine environment; large commercial third-party hardware and software systems with complex and redundant architectures; wireless and wired data networking; and telecommunications.
- Responsible for developing and implementing an information security program, which includes policies and procedures designed to protect enterprise communications, systems, and data assets from both internal and external threats.
- Create and perform systematic investigations of a specific area of operations through technology audits while improving quality, consistency, and reliability in operations through quality assurance.
- Responsible for the corporate disaster recovery (DR) strategy, recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO), as prescribed by the business continuity plan to include prevention of data and system loss situations due to common events such as system crash, malware infection, hardware failure, etc.
- Accountable for the centralized Help Desk team and the organization incident management system while establishing service level agreements (SLA) with internal and external departments and timely resolution of problems.
- Direct the organizations change management system to record operational and system changes for approval, transparency, and historical purposes and ensure system alignment with corporate policy and business requirements.
- Develop, establish, and enforce policies and procedures related to the various operational programs and systems for effective processing, security, or related business and technical needs.
- Develop employees through training and coaching to improve performance, knowledge transfer, enhance skills, and employee retention in the accomplishment of organizational goals and objectives.
- Perform effective vendor management that includes but not limited to building vendor relationships; negotiation and contracts; contract and vendor performance; resolving vendor issues and disputes; and periodically reevaluating vendors and contracts.
- Prepare, submit, and manage department and capital budgets while anticipating future costs for operational and technology changes that are needed and align and support business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the inventory, procurement, installation, management, and life-cycle maintenance over the organization’s technology equipment.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of management experience in managing a comprehensive enterprise-wide system and information security for a complex infrastructure.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- PMI, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Agile Alliance Scrum Master certification.
- Healthcare or related field experience preferred.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, or other security certification/accreditation.
- Ability to think strategically and the ability to create messaging to influence desired outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, motivational, negotiation, influencing, and communication skills; with success in building, developing, and retaining high performing teams.
- Ability to mentor and coach team through ambiguity and able to make decisions to accomplish team objectives.
- Able to lead, manage, conclude, and recommend using data and experience driven decisions.
- Ability to oversee due diligence and requirement analysis required for roadmap creation, scope, and execution for enhancements and/or product cycle or refresh initiatives.
- Ability to manage risk through change control and/or escalation protocols if necessary.
- Ability to scope, define and interpret quantitative analyses of operational problems
- Proven track record of successful project and program leadership
Other: Required travel up to 10%. Possession of valid California Driver’s License and proof of valid State required auto liability insurance.
The listed position purpose, job duties, responsibilities, competencies, skills, essential functions, education factors are the minimum purposes, duties, responsibilities, competencies, skills, essential functions, and education factors for the position. The requirements and conditions listed in this job description are not exclusive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Kern Health Systems reserves the right to revise this job description at any time, and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or condition of its business considerations or work environment change.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis.