Surgical Technologist - Full Time
Job Category: ASC Support
Requisition Number: SURGI001601
Posted: February 17, 2023
Hourly Range: $22.3 USD to $40.26 USD
The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
601 W 5th Ave Suite 500
Spokane, WA 99204, USA
Up to $7500 in bonuses during the first year!
$5000 sign on bonus on first paycheck, $2,500 after completion of 1 year.
Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists is looking for an experienced Surgical Technologist to join our growing Ambulatory Surgery Center. The Surgical Technologist works four 10 hour shifts weekly (M-F Day Shift, 1.0 FTE). NWOS is closed on all weekends and major holidays. This is a benefitted, full-time position, working four 10 hour shifts.
- Prepares instruments and supplies for each case in an efficient and effective manner.
- Anticipates surgeon needs by promptly providing correct items as needed.
- Utilizes preference cards and surgery schedule prior to each case.
- Utilize equipment and supplies in a cost-effective manner. Maintain the integrity of supplies, equipment and instruments, and reports concerns appropriately.
- Assists with prompt turnover and start of surgical cases to actively promote productivity and efficient case flow.
- Performs surgical scrub and gowns and gloves self and others using aseptic technique.
- Conducts sponge and needle counts with RN per procedure.
- Distributes and disposes of biohazards appropriately and practices standard precautions at all times.
- Runs autoclave and documents results according to department policies and procedures.
- Surgical Tech Registration
- Graduated an accredited Surgical Technology Program
- Ability to problem solve and think critically in high stress situations
NWOS offers a robust benefits package to our employees and their families. NWOS pays 70%-90% for employee rates and 50% for all dependent rates for Medical, Dental, and Vision. NWOS pays 75% of the full-time employee contribution amount for part-time employees. Our benefit plans include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Life & ADD Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life & ADD Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary AFLAC Options
- 401k Employer Match after 1 year
- 401k Profit Sharing after 1 year
- PTO (.0615 per hour paid)
- 7 paid holidays
- Technical/other training or better in Surgical Technology.
- 2 years: Surgical Technologist
Licenses & Certifications
- Basic Life Support
- Surgical Tech Reg.