Mason General Hospital · PACU
Req # 3901
Registered Nurse-PACU This .8 fte/Part-time position is typically scheduled to work 32 hours per week, 8-hour shifts, variable days of the week, some call required and is UFCW Represented
Non-exempt, pay range $37.63-$71.65
Mason Health provides an excellent benefit package to Part-time and Full-time employees, including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement/ Deferred Compensation plans
Mason Health will make employer contributions of 8% of your compensation for each pay period that you contribute at least 5% of your compensation.
- Paid Time Off, accrue up to 8 hours of PTO per bi-weekly pay period
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental Health & Wellness resources
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Optional or elective benefits include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short & Long term disability insurance
The RN plans and provides comprehensive patient care to meet the psychosocial and physical needs of patients. Manages available nursing resources and collaborates with other members of the health care team to provide quality, cost effective patient-centered care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct nursing care within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines. Uses evidenced-based care standards throughout the nursing process. Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts, knowledge of diseases/surgical conditions, care required, and good judgment.
- Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients. Functions as a patient advocate. Provides individualized patient and family-focused care throughout the patient’s stay and evaluates for effectiveness.
- Accurately and effectively anticipates changes in patient care needs. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
- Participates in patient and family education as evidenced by teaching documentation with appropriate resources.
- Initiates effective discharge and referral plans on admission utilizing appropriate hospital and community resources.
- Delegates patient care activities to appropriate personnel and maintains accountability for those activities. Assists other nursing team members through the steps of the nursing process.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in a manner that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors; documents according to established standards; communicates effectively.
- Develops and maintains professional and clinical skills. Completes all annual competency and education requirements within established parameters and timeframes. Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services and other professional activities. Maintains awareness of policies and procedures and performance standards.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
*Essential Job Function
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support the Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics mission, vision and values; comply with District policies and procedures; and conduct themselves in an ethical, professional, respectful, and collaborative manner at all times.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in Nursing required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One year of acute care nursing experience, or equivalent, required.
Required Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations
- Current RN license in the state of Washington
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification within 3 months of hire.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification within 3 months of hire.
Additional Unit-Specific Certification Requirements:
- Medical, Surgical, Pediatrics: Pediatric Emergency Assessment and Response (PEARS) certification within 1 year of hire.
- Emergency: Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) within 1 year of hire.