The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a full-time position for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) Behavioral Health Therapist. The LCSW will provide behavioral and mental health services in an outpatient setting, as well as supervise Associate Clinical Social Workers. The Behavioral Health team provides culturally sensitive behavioral health services to the communities by providing assessments, referrals, and follow-up appointments includes developing plans with the client and implementing therapeutic treatment plans in strength-based model in both the doctors’ offices and the individual counseling office.
The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is a local community health clinic organization that provides medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, and behavioral health services to low-income patients in Orange County, California. Our organization has four clinics within Orange County located in Tustin, Santa Ana, and Anaheim.
Job Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Provides direct behavioral health and medical social work services to individuals, families, groups and communities, under the supervision of the Behavioral Health Manager
- Provides crisis counseling as needed and outreach counseling to community settings such as schools, home visits, and other settings as assigned
- Provides specialized counseling groups or classes for adjustment to illness, adjustment to pain, parenting classes, depression, grief, anger management, teen issues or on other topics within the scope of license and training.
- Document progress/case notes in the EMR including assessments, treatment plans and progress notes and other reporting and statistical data in a timely manner as required by the law and clinic guidelines.
- Discusses progress toward goals with client such as controlling weight, controlling pain, adjusting to stress, or substance abuse education and support services
- Conducts relaxation exercises or learn relaxation skills from supervision, facilitate peer counseling groups, and family counseling during clinical therapy sessions.
- Refers clients to supportive community services and in-house medical services or support programs to supplement office treatment and counseling.
- Adheres to accreditation and compliance standards/guidelines and gets yearly cultural supportive training.
- Inputs and maintains patient information in the EMR system in a timely manner
- Performs any and all such duties that are within the scope of this individual’s certifications that are requested by the medical providers
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) license
- A Masters of Social Work (MSW) degree is required
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a clinical setting. Work experience in a community clinic environment is preferred but not required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is strongly preferred but not required
- Knowledge and competency of diagnosis, assessment and treatment of behavioral health services
- Comprehensive knowledge of community resources, and public and private benefits programs.
- Familiar with various insurance funding sources such as Medi-Cal, Medi-Care, etc.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer), EMR, and other medical-related software systems.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for infants and adults.
Job Education: Masters of Social Work (MSW)
Job Licensure: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) license
Salary: $80,000 per year
To apply, please visit http://www.hurttclinic.org/licensed-clinical-social-worker/