Planned Parenthood South Texas is the region's most trusted name in women's health. Operating 7 health centers, our mission is to provide and protect the information people need to plan their families and their futures. We are seeking dynamic, qualified individuals to join our amazing Planned Parenthood family.
This is a full-time position with day-time hours. Currently, this position works Monday - Friday, 4 days a week, 10 hours each day. We offer excellent benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, a 401k retirement plan & more!
With the collaboration of the affiliate Medical Director, the Clinician (Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant) functions in an expanded role in the area of ambulatory reproductive health care and primary care healthcare services. Working within the context of affiliate medical protocols, the Clinician will provide primary reproductive health care and primary care to patients of all ages. Provides high quality after-hours on-call patient care by phone, as assigned.
- Secures a complete health history, including obstetric, gynecologic, contraceptive, medical, surgical, sexual, family health, and psychosocial; and records findings accurately and succinctly.
- Performs physical examinations with special emphasis on the reproductive system, including breast examination, pelvic examination, cancer screening tests, diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), primary care, and other types of more specialized procedures as may be indicated by medical history.
- Provides telehealth services with special emphasis on Consultations, GAHT, Vaginitis, UTIs, STIs, Birth Control, Primary Care and PREP.
- Performs, orders, and interprets diagnostic studies as indicated and permitted by affiliate medical protocols.
- Recognizes and treats minor deviations from the normal, using prescribed protocols and consulting with the physician as needed.
- Provides relevant health information to include family planning, nutrition, sexual counseling, and principles of health promotion and maintenance.
- Collaborates with the health team and other community agencies and resources (e.g., physicians, local health departments, social service, nutritionists, dentists, and parent education groups), through joint planning and coordination of activities, in providing comprehensive care.
- Documents patient information in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) in a complete and accurate manner.
- Complies and enforces the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) as amended to ensure the privacy of protected health information (PHI / ePHI) in the execution of all job duties. Takes immediate action when a potential breach has occurred.
- Works to ensure understanding and acceptance, by colleagues, other professionals, consumers, and the community at large, of the role of the Woman’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner.
- Recognizes common non-gynecological medical problems and other deviations from normal and provides management or referral as appropriate.
- Recognizes ethical, legal, and professional issues inherent in providing care to women throughout the life cycle.
- Participates in clinic and affiliate efforts to achieve established goals for productivity.
- Participates in clinic and affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
- Adheres to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints.
- Provides high quality after-hours on-call patient care by phone, as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Sr. VP & COO or Medical Director.
- Complies with the House Rules, which are a required part of the Agency’s orientation, training and performance standards.
Education for NP: Texas licensed R.N. with completion of a certified Women’s Health Care or Family Nurse Practitioner training program or NCC/ANCC Certification. Texas certification of an advanced practice nurse.
Education for PA: Texas licensed P.A. with completion of an accredited P.A. program and certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
Experience: One year of experience since completion of a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Training Program is highly preferred. 1-3 years experience in women’s health care is highly desired. Electronic medical records (EMR) experience is highly preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be efficient and responsible in terms of patient management.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Fully functional in general computer use and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively maintain complete and accurate Electronic Medical Records (EMR) is required.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive professional work relationships.
- Ability to write legibly so that other staff can read the records.
- Access to personal transportation.
- Sensitive and competent regarding issues of multiculturalism.
- Comfortable with issues of sexual and reproductive health.
- Able and willing to work for an Agency that supports a patient's right to make personal decisions regarding health care including their right to choose what option is best for them if faced with an unintended pregnancy.
- Demonstrates a strong, personal commitment to the Agency’s position on customer service, internally and externally, for all clients, all services and all departments.
Planned Parenthood South Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Planned Parenthood, our goal is for all individuals to feel a sense of belonging. We strongly embrace diversity and appreciate the differences - the varied perspective, reflection and insight - each individual brings to Planned Parenthood. We are an organization of inclusion - with equity, equality, and respect given to all individuals - regardless of their race, ethnicity/culture, color, national origin, citizenship, language, religion, sex/gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, physical characteristics, disability, genetic information, marital or relationship status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related conditions, socioeconomic position, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. At Planned Parenthood, we are all In This Together.
If you are interested in applying for the Clinical (NP/PA/CNM) - FT - 4 day work week please click on the link below: