Data Analytics and Reporting Supervisor
Kern Family Health Care, 2900 Buck Owens Blvd., Bakersfield, California, United States of America Req #2053
We appreciate your interest in our organization and assure you that we are sincerely interested in your qualifications. A clear understanding of your background and work history will help us potentially place you in a position that meets your objectives and those of the organization. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, or any related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, gender expression, military status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability (mental or physical).
KHS reasonably expects to pay starting compensation for the Data Alaytics and Reporting Supervisor position in the range of $113,198 - 143,639/ Annual.
Our Mission. Kern Health Systems is dedicated to improving the health status of our members through an integrated managed health care delivery system.
This position is responsible for assisting the Business Intelligence Manager in the development and execution of a comprehensive data analytics and reporting strategy for the organization. The Data Analytics and Reporting Supervisor will lead a highly talented team of Data Analysts that are responsible for the organizations centralized technical data analytics, regulatory and standard business reporting, and data mining for Kern Health Systems (KHS). The Data Analytics and Reporting Supervisor must be capable of drawing sound conclusions; interpret and follow detailed and precise written and oral instructions; prepare clear, complete and concise reports for review; supervise, evaluate, and train assigned staff; and have the ability to work well and effectively communicate with people of various professional, vocational and educational backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strong technical data analytics depth, project management skills, and related abilities to facilitate and execute multidiscipline projects and teams in accomplishing corporate goals and objectives.
- Capable of providing expert level Structured Query Language (SQL) knowledge, experience, and mentoring to the Data Analytics team.
- Collaborate with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery while continuing to build, manage, and energize a technical team with a proven focus on delivering business results and excellent customer service.
- Experience in implementing and designing Business Intelligence (BI) architecture, with one or more market-leading database environments such as Oracle, Sybase, or MS SQL Server, for analytical solutions, and manage the design of data models to support reporting and analysis.
- Knowledge of and experience with reporting tools such as MicroStrategy, SAS, Hyperion, Cognos, or Business Objects, utilizing both relational and multidimensional tool architectures.
- Establish, maintain and promote consistent methodology for analytics deployment and provide operational and analytical reporting improvements for validation of process flows, compliance, and audits.
- Knowledge of the design and development of OLAP functionality, and capable of providing requirements to develop OLAP cubes.
- Supervise the data reporting strategies for KHS with all types of operational and strategic data, and have an understanding of the end-to-end process around the company’s data to ensure that it is accurate, functioning, and effective.
- In coordination with business leaders, identify data or reporting improvement opportunities through automation, and assisting the business areas to mature in its reporting and analytics practices.
- Assist in the creation of data related policies, retention, procedures and reporting service level agreements (SLA).
- Monitor the analytics marketplace for new trends, technologies and its potential benefits, and participate in selection of tools, software, and upgrades.
- Participate in research, requirements definition, planning, design and execution of Data Management, Business Information, and other process improvement projects.
- Collaborate with various technical teams to perform duties and aid business and technical development while mentoring subordinates to enhance their career goals.
- Supervise and provide direction to the Power BI team on best practices and techniques. Review and approve Power BI reports and dashboards for deployment. Coordinate with other departments to understand data visualization needs. Develop and enforce Power BI development standards and guidelines.
- Monitor and manage Power BI Service, including capacity planning, workspace organization, and dataset refresh scheduling. Stay updated with the latest Power BI updates and features, ensuring the team is trained on them.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the various products utilized in our report development processes, including 1. Power BI Web, 2. Power BI Report Server (SSRS) and 3. Business Objects.
- Conduct regular assessments of product features and updates to identify opportunities for enhancing our reporting capabilities.
- Act as a liaison between our team and product vendors, ensuring timely communication of product-related issues, feedback, and enhancement requests.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of best practices, tips, and guidelines for product usage, administration, and management.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics from an accredited institution or equivalent and eight (8) years progressive experience in a data-oriented technical capacity for a medium to large size organization preferably in healthcare.
Experience may be substituted on a year by year basis.
Position is suited for a mid-level to advanced career management person.
Other: Possession of valid California Driver’s License and proof of valid State required auto liability insurance. Required Travel Up to 10%.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis.