Organization: UNM Hospitals
Category: Nurse Educator
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Date Job Posted: September 12, 2023
Share with Others:
Function as unit educator, master teacher, master preceptor and facilitates evidenced-based research into specialized areas of nursing. Utilize the expertise of a practitioner to incorporate nursing processes into the plan of care for a specialized group of patients. Perform as a unit educator while maintaining clinical skills by performing as a clinical instructor for students from the CON on home unit and/or assisting in staffing on unit. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines. Patient care assignment may include neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Master's Degree
* BSN or MSN
18 months directly related experience
Bilingual English, Spanish, Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo 3 years directly related experience
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* RN in NM or as allowed by reciprocal agreement by NM
* Instructor in Unit-Required Certifications w/in 90 Days
* Current Instructor in BLS, ACLS, NRP or other instruct cert
Credential equivalent experience:
* Instructor in Unit-Required Certifications or obtained within one year of position (BLS, ILS, NRP, PALS, ACLS, TNCC, etc)
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people.
Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE