Dermatology Laser Center (DLC) seeks experienced Clinic Manager
Does this position feel like a good fit with your experience, qualifications and passion? If so, please share with us your interest and qualifications in a cover letter along with your resume. First consideration will be given to materials sent to Kara Turner, Turner HR Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11/6/23. Position open until filled.
WHO WE ARE
DLC is a local clinic passionate about serving others by delivering medical care that will make a positive difference in patient’s lives. With three medical doctors, care practitioners and 22 clinical and support staff, DLC provides unsurpassed evidence-based medical care that delivers premium value to our patients.
To learn more about our services, please visit us at https://www.dlcnw.com/
- Patient Commitment
- Respect for Employees
- A Will to Win
- Personal Accountability
WHAT WE OFFER
Compensation: $80,000 - $110,000 (based upon experience)
Benefits: Dermatology Laser Center (DLC) offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Paid time off bank and 8 holidays
- 401k with employer matching
The Clinic Manager is responsible for the management of staff and general business operations of Dermatology and Laser Center to ensure efficient and effective operations in providing the best possible patient care.
The clinic manager oversees all staff, in collaboration with department leads for clinical staff (2 leads), reception (1 lead), and billing (1 lead). We see approximately 80-100 patients per week.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Recruits, hires and coordinates the training of new staff members. For more complex employee relations issues, collaborates appropriately with HR consultant.
- Manages schedules to ensure proper coverage, assigns and delegates tasks as needed.
- Ensures all employees are provided an annual employee review and provides constructive feedback and professional development to help staff meet professional goals.
- Leads team members to ensure timely and efficient functions and workflows in daily operations.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts staff meetings as necessary. Participates in staff meetings by providing constructive input for clinic improvements and solutions.
- Recommends policies and procedures and oversees implementation to ensure compliance with state and federal laws.
- Develops protocols and procedures to improve clinic efficiency and staff productivity. Analyzes and troubleshoots workflows to identify patterns, trends, and process improvement opportunities in accordance with business and patient care goals.
- Acts as a liaison between patients, their families and additional care staff.
- Plans and manages the clinic's budget including AP/AR & payroll. Coordinates with external bookkeeper and CPA as needed.
- Designs and implements business strategies to help the clinic meet goals.
- Effectively manages patient scheduling to achieve access to care and preferred provider utilization.
- Provides necessary support to providers to ensure they can provide the best possible patient care.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day operational procedures, company policies, and procedures.
- Develops and maintains positive and trustworthy relationships across all levels of the organization (including providers) to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Coordinates and collaborates with the team to ensure timely response and resolution of patient/family complaints. Escalates particularly sensitive and/or unresolvable customer service issues to appropriate parties.
- Acts as the primary point person with vendors in order to manages all aspects of the facility.
- Maintains consistent, reliable on-site attendance to support patient/business needs. Willingness and flexibility to work schedule to accommodate volume shifts and activity surges.
Education, License, and Experience
- Five or more years prior experience working in a clinic or healthcare-related setting.
- Three or more years in leadership roles providing supervision or coaching and mentoring to others.
- AA degree highly desirable with a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Finance/ Accounting or related field preferred.
- Valid Washington driver’s license and proof of insurance for necessary travel.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience listed above to successfully perform the duties of this position may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of federal and state laws applicable to managing in the healthcare industry.
- Strong supervisory skills, including problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Analytical skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement when making decision.
- Customer service-oriented and ability to effectively collaborate with patients, their families and other care providers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to represent the clinic in a public setting.
- Proficiency with computers and software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to develop clinic goals and motivate others toward action.
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
WHERE WE LIVE
Live in a community consistently rated as one of the most desirable in the USA! Nestled on Bellingham Bay at the foot of the Cascade Mountains just a short distance from Seattle, Vancouver BC, and the San Juan Islands, Bellingham is home to over 90,000 people and surrounded by several charming small towns. To learn more about Bellingham and Whatcom County visit: https://www.bellingham.org/
DLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer