Physician / Medical Director – Surgical Pediatrics
You Belong Here.
At MultiCare, we strive to offer a true sense of belonging for all our employees. Across our health care network, you will find a dynamic range of meaningful careers, opportunities for growth, safe workplaces, and flexible schedules. We are connected by our mission - partnering and healing for a healthy future - and dedicated to the health and well-being of the communities we serve.
This position is a .6 FTE clinical/.4 FTE Medical Director position (Urology, ENT, Plastics, Orthopedics will be considered) with Mary Bridge Children’s, part of MultiCare Health System. The ideal candidate will have a strong record of leadership skills and education, which includes:
- New Leader Ascent
- Foundations of Physician (formerly WSMA Physician Leadership Course)
- Speed of Trust
- Unconscious Bias Training
- Crucial Conversations
- The Empowerment/Drama Triangle
Medical Director Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Attend monthly Medical Director and leadership meetings.
- Regular rounding with Medical Directors
- Quarterly President's Council Attendance, MOR as needed.
- Holds Physician/APP's accountable to performance expectations.
- Facilitates and supports interdepartmental communication and collaboration.
- Works with operational leadership to provide direction for program departmental physicians.
- Mentor new Medical Directors
- Model and ensure professional behavior.
- Review and recommend new medical developments, practices and techniques.
- Collaborate with Medical Staff and attend MEC meetings as needed.
- Support Medical Staff Recruitment
- Advocate for resources, programs, and policies within Mary Bridge.
- Work with Quality Medical Director to drive CPGs.
- Work with Clinical Director to develop financial plans for clinical program development.
- Be accountable and actively involved in system LEM goals yearly.
What We Have to Offer
- Competitive compensation package including sign-on and relocation
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, annual leave, CME, retirement, and malpractice insurance (including tail)
- Generous time off to support work/life balance
- Career growth options with student loan repayment and leadership opportunities
- Research opportunities, both industry-sponsored clinical trials and investigator-initiated research, in collaboration with dedicated Research Institute staff
- Wellness program including dedicated mental health services and leadership and wellness coaching
- Enjoy life in the Pacific Northwest with breathtaking water, mountain, and forest views at every turn
Compensation is $550,523-$611,692 based on a 1.0 FTE.
- Board certified/eligible at time of employment
- Licensed in the state of WA by the time of employment
- DEA, NPI & prescriptive authority
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers certification by the American Heart Association
About Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital/Clinics/Foundation
Established in Tacoma, WA in 1955, MultiCare’s Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital has grown into a dedicated comprehensive regional network of health services for children. Serving more than 13 referring hospitals over 9 counties and backed by fully staffed services 24/7, Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital offers and supports primary care, emergency services, inpatient care, outpatient specialty clinics, and a level IV NICU. Top performing and award-winning, Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital & Health Network specializes in meeting the health needs of kids every day.
As a MultiCare employee, we'll rely on you to reflect our core values of Respect, Integrity, Stewardship, Excellence, Collaboration and Kindness. Our values serve as our guiding principles and impact every aspect of our organization, including how we provide patient care and what we expect from each other.
- Mission-driven: Partnering for healing and a healthy future for the patients and communities we serve
- Market Leadership: Washington state's largest community-based, locally governed health system
- Employee-centric: MultiCare was named Forbes “America’s Best Employers by State” in 2022
- Technology: "Most Wired" health care system 13 years in a row
- Leading research: MultiCare Institute for Research & Innovation, 40 years of ground-breaking, clinical and health services research in our communities
- Lifestyle: Live and work in the Pacific Northwest - offering breathtaking water, mountains and forest at every turn
Contact Beth Vercic at Beth.Vercic@multicare.org