This position will provide strategic and daily operational support to key stakeholders within the Dreyer and Good Samaritan Hospital Business Units.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in human resources, organizational development, or associate relations experience including successful team interventions, leader coaching (including performance management). Experience working in a complex healthcare organization is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively understand and interpret HR policies and practices, providing options and recommendations within the parameters of acceptability in a thorough and objective manner. Ability to prepare and coach leaders on sound HR practices.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines and business practices including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee/union relations, diversity, performance management, regulatory compliance and employment laws.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with an ability to build/foster strong trusting relationships, influence leaders and develop solutions to achieve results.
- Analytical ability, business, industry and financial acumen; understands the role caregivers and leaders play in driving financial performance. Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances in the business.
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated, flexible and ability to take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to understand and use relevant HR technology systems to support caregiver and business needs. Working knowledge of measurement concepts, data mining and analysis. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
- This position requires travel so may be exposed to road and weather hazards.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Advocate Health Care is the largest health system in Illinois and a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. One of the state’s largest private employers, the system serves patients across 11 hospital locations, including two children’s campuses, and more than 250 sites of care. Advocate Health Care, in addition to Aurora Health Care in Wisconsin and Atrium Health in the Carolinas, Georgia and Alabama, is now a part of Advocate Health, the third-largest nonprofit, integrated health system in the United States. Committed to providing equitable care for all, Advocate Health provides nearly $5 billion in annual community benefits.