Tucson Residence Foundation is dedicated to dignity, inclusion and is driven by the belief that everyone, regardless of ability deserves to live with respect, choice, and purpose. We are committed to fostering a community where every individual can thrive, discover their potential, and lead fulfilling lives.
We are searching for our next Executive Director to provide inspired leadership to our non-profit organization to fulfill its mission. The Executive Director aligns the organization assuring mission and values of the organization are primary in setting strategic direction.
The Executive Director will foster a positive and ethical work environment that is conducive to attracting a talented, innovative workforce.
The Executive Director serves as the chief administrative officer of the organization, providing leadership in developing and implementing policies and programs to carry out the mission. This individual directs the daily administration of the organization, working collaboratively with a team of dedicated and knowledgeable professionals in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- Maintains open communication and disclosure of the conditions, operations, and needs of the organization.
- Collaborates with staff and the Board of Directors to identify, create, and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to actualize business objectives.
- Develops and recommends organizational policies and programs to the Board.
- Recruits and develops a team of employees to lead departments and manage strategic business functions.
- Develops and maintains the organizational culture and promotes transparency and collaboration throughout the organization.
- Prepares and manages of annual budget to ensure sound financial position.
- Monitors organizational operations and ensures employee and business practices comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Identifies potential risks and opportunities within the organization and its environment to protect business interests.
- Works with the Board of Directors to identify potential sources of investment and fundraising initiatives. Identifies and submits grant opportunities to supplement regular funding.
- Coordinates legislative advocacy on behalf of the organization.
- Provides ongoing communication with families and guardians of individuals served,
- Develops partnerships with organization stakeholders, shareholders, industry regulators and other relevant parties.
- Represents organization at social and corporate events to strengthen the brand and communicate organization’s mission.
- Executes other duties as requested by the Board of Directors.
- Knowledge of Finance, Human Resources, Compliance and Fund Development.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the agency’s mission and vision internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with staff, government agencies, community leaders and public.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and seven years’ related experience; Master’s degree with three years’ related experience preferred
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience with IDD in the State of Arizona preferred.
- Ability to obtain State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance card.
Tucson Residence Foundation is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.